Thursday, April 24, 2014
OMAK Easter egg hunters in Omak’s Civic League Park cleaned up in record time Saturday morning.
The hunt was one of several around the area.
The estimated 500 hunters in the eighth annual Omak Masons and Omak-Okanogan Civic League hunt gobbled up 6,000 eggs in 75 seconds, besting last year’s 90-second time.
Put it down to being a cool morning with 50-degree temperatures.
There also was an act of kindness after all was done.
John Bucsko gave his third-place prize in the second-grade division to an appreciative Mary McDonald, who was knocked down during the hunt.
“I crashed and burned,” she said. “I never knew him.”
- Toddler (age 2 and under) - 1, Kameron McKinney. 2, Talaya Randall. 3, Mackenzie Ramirez.
- Preschool (ages 3-4) - 1, Jadedon Davis. 2, Lydia Cabonias. 3, Patrick Kloth.
- Kindergarten to first-grades - 1, Jack MacDonald. 2, Bryson Buchanan 3, Sulaylza Sanchez.
- Second-grade - 1, Chloe McNichols. 2, Meshayla Garinier. 3, John Bucsko.
- Winners in the Pateros Trading Co. egg hunt the same morning in Pateros (complete names were not provided by organizers):
- Age 5 and younger – Joceline, age 5, from Brewster.
- Ages 6-9 – Ishmael, age 7, from Pateros.
- Ages 10-12 – Angie, age 10, from Pateros.
Winners got baskets, and all participants received candy and other goodies.
In Tonasket, more than 70 children turned out for the American Legion Auxiliary hunt Saturday morning.
“Prizes were given to all the children, including the grand prize of a basket filled with art supplies. Ieven Johnson won that prize.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge