Thursday, April 24, 2014
OMAK Easter egg hunters in Omak’s Civic League Park cleaned up in record time Saturday morning.
The hunt was one of several around the area.
The estimated 500 hunters in the eighth annual Omak Masons and Omak-Okanogan Civic League hunt gobbled up 6,000 eggs in 75 seconds, besting last year’s 90-second time.
Put it down to being a cool morning with 50-degree temperatures.
There also was an act of kindness after all was done.
John Bucsko gave his third-place prize in the second-grade division to an appreciative Mary McDonald, who was knocked down during the hunt.
“I crashed and burned,” she said. “I never knew him.”
- Toddler (age 2 and under) - 1, Kameron McKinney. 2, Talaya Randall. 3, Mackenzie Ramirez.
- Preschool (ages 3-4) - 1, Jadedon Davis. 2, Lydia Cabonias. 3, Patrick Kloth.
- Kindergarten to first-grades - 1, Jack MacDonald. 2, Bryson Buchanan 3, Sulaylza Sanchez.
- Second-grade - 1, Chloe McNichols. 2, Meshayla Garinier. 3, John Bucsko.
- Winners in the Pateros Trading Co. egg hunt the same morning in Pateros (complete names were not provided by organizers):
- Age 5 and younger – Joceline, age 5, from Brewster.
- Ages 6-9 – Ishmael, age 7, from Pateros.
- Ages 10-12 – Angie, age 10, from Pateros.
Winners got baskets, and all participants received candy and other goodies.
In Tonasket, more than 70 children turned out for the American Legion Auxiliary hunt Saturday morning.
“Prizes were given to all the children, including the grand prize of a basket filled with art supplies. Ieven Johnson won that prize.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge