Thursday, April 24, 2014
OMAK Easter egg hunters in Omak’s Civic League Park cleaned up in record time Saturday morning.
The hunt was one of several around the area.
The estimated 500 hunters in the eighth annual Omak Masons and Omak-Okanogan Civic League hunt gobbled up 6,000 eggs in 75 seconds, besting last year’s 90-second time.
Put it down to being a cool morning with 50-degree temperatures.
There also was an act of kindness after all was done.
John Bucsko gave his third-place prize in the second-grade division to an appreciative Mary McDonald, who was knocked down during the hunt.
“I crashed and burned,” she said. “I never knew him.”
- Toddler (age 2 and under) - 1, Kameron McKinney. 2, Talaya Randall. 3, Mackenzie Ramirez.
- Preschool (ages 3-4) - 1, Jadedon Davis. 2, Lydia Cabonias. 3, Patrick Kloth.
- Kindergarten to first-grades - 1, Jack MacDonald. 2, Bryson Buchanan 3, Sulaylza Sanchez.
- Second-grade - 1, Chloe McNichols. 2, Meshayla Garinier. 3, John Bucsko.
- Winners in the Pateros Trading Co. egg hunt the same morning in Pateros (complete names were not provided by organizers):
- Age 5 and younger – Joceline, age 5, from Brewster.
- Ages 6-9 – Ishmael, age 7, from Pateros.
- Ages 10-12 – Angie, age 10, from Pateros.
Winners got baskets, and all participants received candy and other goodies.
In Tonasket, more than 70 children turned out for the American Legion Auxiliary hunt Saturday morning.
“Prizes were given to all the children, including the grand prize of a basket filled with art supplies. Ieven Johnson won that prize.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge