Thursday, April 24, 2014
DISAUTEL PASS – A boulder temporarily blocked one lane of state Highway 155 near Disautel Pass this morning.
The highway was not closed, and motorists drove around the obstruction at milepost 56 until the state Department of Transportation pushed it to the shoulder about 9:45 a.m., said Mark Peters of the department’s Wenatchee office.
Several smaller rocks also fell, but were not blocking the road when Transportation crews arrived.
Peters said the rock fall was reported to the department sometime after 8 a.m.
The incident occurred about two miles south of the Disautel summit.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington