Thursday, April 24, 2014
DISAUTEL PASS – A boulder temporarily blocked one lane of state Highway 155 near Disautel Pass this morning.
The highway was not closed, and motorists drove around the obstruction at milepost 56 until the state Department of Transportation pushed it to the shoulder about 9:45 a.m., said Mark Peters of the department’s Wenatchee office.
Several smaller rocks also fell, but were not blocking the road when Transportation crews arrived.
Peters said the rock fall was reported to the department sometime after 8 a.m.
The incident occurred about two miles south of the Disautel summit.
More like this story
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge