Thursday, April 24, 2014
DISAUTEL PASS – A boulder temporarily blocked one lane of state Highway 155 near Disautel Pass this morning.
The highway was not closed, and motorists drove around the obstruction at milepost 56 until the state Department of Transportation pushed it to the shoulder about 9:45 a.m., said Mark Peters of the department’s Wenatchee office.
Several smaller rocks also fell, but were not blocking the road when Transportation crews arrived.
Peters said the rock fall was reported to the department sometime after 8 a.m.
The incident occurred about two miles south of the Disautel summit.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge