Thursday, April 24, 2014
DISAUTEL PASS – A boulder temporarily blocked one lane of state Highway 155 near Disautel Pass this morning.
The highway was not closed, and motorists drove around the obstruction at milepost 56 until the state Department of Transportation pushed it to the shoulder about 9:45 a.m., said Mark Peters of the department’s Wenatchee office.
Several smaller rocks also fell, but were not blocking the road when Transportation crews arrived.
Peters said the rock fall was reported to the department sometime after 8 a.m.
The incident occurred about two miles south of the Disautel summit.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires