Thursday, April 17, 2014
WINTHROP Unfavorable weather conditions have postponed spring prescribed burning today in the Methow Valley Ranger District.
The district had planned to do some under-burning on about 20 acres in the Fawn Creek area about 10 miles west of town.
However, the National Weather Service forecast strong, erratic winds this afternoon into tomorrow, and the ranger district wasn’t able to get smoke approval from the state Department of Natural Resources, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“We have no plans to burn over the weekend at this point, and will reassess burn conditions for Monday or later next week,” she said.
Other areas slated for treatments this spring are northwest of town near Eightmile Creek, west of Twisp near Little Bridge Creek and west of Methow in the McFarland Creek and Squaw Creek drainages.
Tonasket Ranger District also plans prescribed burning treatments in the Mount Annie and Lyman Lake areas, both southeast of Tonasket; the Mutton area north of Conconully, and the North Flank project area near Havillah.
Area residents are warned they may see smoke during the treatments.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge