Thursday, April 17, 2014
WINTHROP Unfavorable weather conditions have postponed spring prescribed burning today in the Methow Valley Ranger District.
The district had planned to do some under-burning on about 20 acres in the Fawn Creek area about 10 miles west of town.
However, the National Weather Service forecast strong, erratic winds this afternoon into tomorrow, and the ranger district wasn’t able to get smoke approval from the state Department of Natural Resources, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“We have no plans to burn over the weekend at this point, and will reassess burn conditions for Monday or later next week,” she said.
Other areas slated for treatments this spring are northwest of town near Eightmile Creek, west of Twisp near Little Bridge Creek and west of Methow in the McFarland Creek and Squaw Creek drainages.
Tonasket Ranger District also plans prescribed burning treatments in the Mount Annie and Lyman Lake areas, both southeast of Tonasket; the Mutton area north of Conconully, and the North Flank project area near Havillah.
Area residents are warned they may see smoke during the treatments.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge