Thursday, April 17, 2014
OKANOGAN An open house, to answer questions about the state’s project to repave the main road through Okanogan and Omak, is planned for Wednesday.
The open house will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the state Department of Transportation office, 28862 U.S. Highway 97.
The paving project gets under way Monday on the route, known as Second Avenue and Elmway in Okanogan and Okoma Drive, West Fourth Avenue, Main Street and Riverside Drive in Omak. A short section of state Highway 155 in Omak also is included.
Granite Northwest Inc., 249 Rodeo Trail Road, Okanogan, will be paid more than $3.18 million to remove the existing pavement, install new asphalt, upgrade signs and striping, and bring sidewalk ramps up to ADA standards.
More like this story
- Inchelium-Gifford ferry will remain operational
- Gas prices fall across the state
- CENTER STAGE: Eclectic music, cowboy poetry set this weekend
- ACADEMIC HONORS- April 26, 2017
- MARRIAGE LICENSES: April 26, 2017
- Class wins conservation contest
- History research help offered
- Researchers go to Plans B, C
- Ground broken for new sign
- EXPLORING THE OKANOGAN: Sometimes, you’re a part of history