Thursday, April 17, 2014
OKANOGAN An open house, to answer questions about the state’s project to repave the main road through Okanogan and Omak, is planned for Wednesday.
The open house will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the state Department of Transportation office, 28862 U.S. Highway 97.
The paving project gets under way Monday on the route, known as Second Avenue and Elmway in Okanogan and Okoma Drive, West Fourth Avenue, Main Street and Riverside Drive in Omak. A short section of state Highway 155 in Omak also is included.
Granite Northwest Inc., 249 Rodeo Trail Road, Okanogan, will be paid more than $3.18 million to remove the existing pavement, install new asphalt, upgrade signs and striping, and bring sidewalk ramps up to ADA standards.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge