Thursday, April 17, 2014
OKANOGAN An open house, to answer questions about the state’s project to repave the main road through Okanogan and Omak, is planned for Wednesday.
The open house will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the state Department of Transportation office, 28862 U.S. Highway 97.
The paving project gets under way Monday on the route, known as Second Avenue and Elmway in Okanogan and Okoma Drive, West Fourth Avenue, Main Street and Riverside Drive in Omak. A short section of state Highway 155 in Omak also is included.
Granite Northwest Inc., 249 Rodeo Trail Road, Okanogan, will be paid more than $3.18 million to remove the existing pavement, install new asphalt, upgrade signs and striping, and bring sidewalk ramps up to ADA standards.
More like this story
- CENTER STAGE: ‘Little Sister’ guitar brings warm tone
- Music at the View returns this weekend
- Conconully Lake camp remains closed
- State wants to keep fisher, whales on list
- Okanogan takes top spot in Envirothon
- Omak FFA chapter wins top honors
- Death is not always easy to cope with
- Briefs - May 24, 2017
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals