Thursday, April 17, 2014
OKANOGAN An open house, to answer questions about the state’s project to repave the main road through Okanogan and Omak, is planned for Wednesday.
The open house will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the state Department of Transportation office, 28862 U.S. Highway 97.
The paving project gets under way Monday on the route, known as Second Avenue and Elmway in Okanogan and Okoma Drive, West Fourth Avenue, Main Street and Riverside Drive in Omak. A short section of state Highway 155 in Omak also is included.
Granite Northwest Inc., 249 Rodeo Trail Road, Okanogan, will be paid more than $3.18 million to remove the existing pavement, install new asphalt, upgrade signs and striping, and bring sidewalk ramps up to ADA standards.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge