Thursday, April 17, 2014
OKANOGAN An open house, to answer questions about the state’s project to repave the main road through Okanogan and Omak, is planned for Wednesday.
The open house will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the state Department of Transportation office, 28862 U.S. Highway 97.
The paving project gets under way Monday on the route, known as Second Avenue and Elmway in Okanogan and Okoma Drive, West Fourth Avenue, Main Street and Riverside Drive in Omak. A short section of state Highway 155 in Omak also is included.
Granite Northwest Inc., 249 Rodeo Trail Road, Okanogan, will be paid more than $3.18 million to remove the existing pavement, install new asphalt, upgrade signs and striping, and bring sidewalk ramps up to ADA standards.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge