Tuesday, April 15, 2014
GRAND COULEE A section of Rufus Woods Lake downstream of Grand Coulee Dam to the state Highway 155 Bridge opened today for recreational fishing after being closed since Sept. 11, 2001.
The rule change for all species was announced by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife on Monday evening.
The section of the lake was closed to public access and recreational fishing for security purposes, officials said. Public access has recently been restored and recreational fishing will now be permitted.
The Colville Confederated Tribe’s Fish and Wildlife Department also adopted the same change in fishing rules.
Fishing rules and license requirements in effect downstream of the bridge apply to the newly opened section.
Consult the current state Department of Fish and Wildlife Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet for a concise explanation of fishing rules and license requirements in effect on Rufus Woods Lake.
State Fish and Wildlife will submit a permanent rule change request to the commission.
For more information, call Region 2 Fish Program Manager Jeff Korth at 509-754-4624 Ext. 224.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE