Tuesday, April 15, 2014
GRAND COULEE A section of Rufus Woods Lake downstream of Grand Coulee Dam to the state Highway 155 Bridge opened today for recreational fishing after being closed since Sept. 11, 2001.
The rule change for all species was announced by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife on Monday evening.
The section of the lake was closed to public access and recreational fishing for security purposes, officials said. Public access has recently been restored and recreational fishing will now be permitted.
The Colville Confederated Tribe’s Fish and Wildlife Department also adopted the same change in fishing rules.
Fishing rules and license requirements in effect downstream of the bridge apply to the newly opened section.
Consult the current state Department of Fish and Wildlife Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet for a concise explanation of fishing rules and license requirements in effect on Rufus Woods Lake.
State Fish and Wildlife will submit a permanent rule change request to the commission.
For more information, call Region 2 Fish Program Manager Jeff Korth at 509-754-4624 Ext. 224.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.