Tuesday, April 15, 2014
GRAND COULEE A section of Rufus Woods Lake downstream of Grand Coulee Dam to the state Highway 155 Bridge opened today for recreational fishing after being closed since Sept. 11, 2001.
The rule change for all species was announced by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife on Monday evening.
The section of the lake was closed to public access and recreational fishing for security purposes, officials said. Public access has recently been restored and recreational fishing will now be permitted.
The Colville Confederated Tribe’s Fish and Wildlife Department also adopted the same change in fishing rules.
Fishing rules and license requirements in effect downstream of the bridge apply to the newly opened section.
Consult the current state Department of Fish and Wildlife Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet for a concise explanation of fishing rules and license requirements in effect on Rufus Woods Lake.
State Fish and Wildlife will submit a permanent rule change request to the commission.
For more information, call Region 2 Fish Program Manager Jeff Korth at 509-754-4624 Ext. 224.
More like this story
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge