Tuesday, April 15, 2014
GRAND COULEE A section of Rufus Woods Lake downstream of Grand Coulee Dam to the state Highway 155 Bridge opened today for recreational fishing after being closed since Sept. 11, 2001.
The rule change for all species was announced by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife on Monday evening.
The section of the lake was closed to public access and recreational fishing for security purposes, officials said. Public access has recently been restored and recreational fishing will now be permitted.
The Colville Confederated Tribe’s Fish and Wildlife Department also adopted the same change in fishing rules.
Fishing rules and license requirements in effect downstream of the bridge apply to the newly opened section.
Consult the current state Department of Fish and Wildlife Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet for a concise explanation of fishing rules and license requirements in effect on Rufus Woods Lake.
State Fish and Wildlife will submit a permanent rule change request to the commission.
For more information, call Region 2 Fish Program Manager Jeff Korth at 509-754-4624 Ext. 224.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON