Tuesday, April 15, 2014
GRAND COULEE A section of Rufus Woods Lake downstream of Grand Coulee Dam to the state Highway 155 Bridge opened today for recreational fishing after being closed since Sept. 11, 2001.
The rule change for all species was announced by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife on Monday evening.
The section of the lake was closed to public access and recreational fishing for security purposes, officials said. Public access has recently been restored and recreational fishing will now be permitted.
The Colville Confederated Tribe’s Fish and Wildlife Department also adopted the same change in fishing rules.
Fishing rules and license requirements in effect downstream of the bridge apply to the newly opened section.
Consult the current state Department of Fish and Wildlife Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet for a concise explanation of fishing rules and license requirements in effect on Rufus Woods Lake.
State Fish and Wildlife will submit a permanent rule change request to the commission.
For more information, call Region 2 Fish Program Manager Jeff Korth at 509-754-4624 Ext. 224.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge