Tuesday, April 15, 2014
OSOYOOS, B.C. A 207-acre wildfire continues to burn northeast of the city.
The blaze started last Friday evening, and fire crews have created a containment line around it, officials said. It's not currently endangering any homes.
Kamloops Fire Centre Forest Protection Officer Jim Mottishaw is overseeing the fire control efforts.
Officials have said the blaze is human-caused and an investigation is under way.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge