Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge