Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week