Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge