Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations soughtAdditional donors are asked to step up and select tags from the Giving Tree, which benefits clients of the Support ...
- Additional donations sought for Christmas basketsAdditional donations of food and cash are sought to help Omak-Okanogan Christmas Basket Project organizers reach their goal of 200 ...
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan