Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
More like this story
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge