Monday, April 14, 2014
CRUMBACHER The area's first wildfire of the year has prompted Okanogan County emergency management officials to close North Pine Creek Road.
The temporary closure is expected to last 24-48 hours, officials said, noting the road is closed 2 miles north of Fish Lake.
The wildfire has toppled trees, some of which now cross the roadway, officials said.
As of 1:30 p.m., officials said the flames have not damaged any structures and nobody has been injured.
Fish Lake is a popular location for trout fishermen during the opening of the lowland lake season, which starts April 26.
More like this story
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournament
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runner
- Sweet pickleball results for Omak tournament
- Brewster football charges back late to edge Tonasket
- Hunters do well in hunting season openers
- Ashworth pitches in Arizona Fall Classic
- Felines frolic on new cat trees
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Dawgs football rises up to No. 5 in poll