Sunday, April 13, 2014
BREWSTER Omak came up a player short Tuesday and canceled its game with Brewster.
Coach Peewee Howe counted noses, looked at his 14-player roster, and found where he thought he’d have 10 players for the trip, he actually only had eight players.
“Two kids did not show up,” said Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier, who said Brewster was quickly notified.
Omak was missing players due to injury, grades, suspensions and one did not show up for school on Tuesday.
Howe said he was looking forward to playing No. 1 state-ranked Brewster.
“It would have been good,” he said. “We were going to throw a kid who pitches about 40 mph. It would have been fun to see Brewster kids (used to faster pitching) swing.”
No. 9 Tonasket (4-2 overall, 0-1 league) is at Omak (1-4, 0-1) and No. 5 Okanogan (4-0, 1-0) is at No. 1 Brewster (6-0, 1-0) on Tuesday.
OKANOGAN – Okanogan blanked Tonasket, 10-0, in a three-hit, five-inning Caribou Trail League game Tuesday.
Jacob Lawson pitched two and a third innings, striking out five, walking 2 and giving up 3 hits.
Clay Ashworth entered in the third inning with two runners on and no outs.
Cody Sumner got the lone hit for Okanogan, which took advantage of seven errors and 10 walks. Once on base, Okanogan advanced with four stolen bases.
Okanogan (10) – Ashworth R, BB, 2SB; Cate 2BB, 2R, SB; Wood 2BB, R, SB; Sumner 1-3, RBI, R; Rubert BB, 2R; Lawson, 2BB, R; Super BB; Townsend BB, 2R.
BRIDGEPORT – Bridgeport beat Oroville, 12-2, in six innings Tuesday.
Bridgeport’s Constantino Martinez pitched all six innings, striking out nine and throwing 76 pitches for the victory under the mercy rule.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge