Sunday, April 13, 2014
OKANOGAN Washington State Patrol troopers contacted nine Okanogan County motorists for seatbelt violations during a special emphasis campaign last month.
In figures released last week, the patrol said those contacts were among 220 citations issued in the District 6 region of Central Washington for people who were not wearing seatbelts or weren’t wearing their seatbelts properly.
During the month, there were no fatalities involving unrestrained motorists in District 6, which includes Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Kittitas, Grant counties, and a portion of Adams County that includes Othello.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Proctor hangs on for win in California
- Softball: Lakeside ends Omak’s season
- Softball: Brewster captures District 5/6 fastpitch title
- Track: Liberty Bell girls sweep to 2B district crown
- Track: Okanogan girls win District 6 track team crown
- Track: Republic sends a bunch of tracksters to 1B state
- Tennis: Okanogan sends district doubles champs to state
- Historical museums open this weekend
- Baseball: Brewster falls just short of state Final Four
- Baseball: Colfax takes out Liberty Bell, 12-2