Thursday, April 10, 2014
RIVERSIDE The Fire Department was called out Thursday afternoon for a small fire burning between U.S. Highway 97 and Kendall Road.
But rather than put the blaze out, the department monitored the fire, allowing it to consume weeds growing at the town's entrance.
Fire officials stood by for short time, until it was barely smoldering.
According to fire officials, a neighbor had intentionally set the small fire to cut down on the weeds.
More like this story
- Inchelium-Gifford ferry will remain operational
- Gas prices fall across the state
- CENTER STAGE: Eclectic music, cowboy poetry set this weekend
- ACADEMIC HONORS- April 26, 2017
- MARRIAGE LICENSES: April 26, 2017
- Class wins conservation contest
- History research help offered
- Researchers go to Plans B, C
- Ground broken for new sign
- EXPLORING THE OKANOGAN: Sometimes, you’re a part of history