Thursday, April 10, 2014
RIVERSIDE The Fire Department was called out Thursday afternoon for a small fire burning between U.S. Highway 97 and Kendall Road.
But rather than put the blaze out, the department monitored the fire, allowing it to consume weeds growing at the town's entrance.
Fire officials stood by for short time, until it was barely smoldering.
According to fire officials, a neighbor had intentionally set the small fire to cut down on the weeds.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge