Thursday, April 10, 2014
RIVERSIDE The Fire Department was called out Thursday afternoon for a small fire burning between U.S. Highway 97 and Kendall Road.
But rather than put the blaze out, the department monitored the fire, allowing it to consume weeds growing at the town's entrance.
Fire officials stood by for short time, until it was barely smoldering.
According to fire officials, a neighbor had intentionally set the small fire to cut down on the weeds.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting