Thursday, April 10, 2014
RIVERSIDE The Fire Department was called out Thursday afternoon for a small fire burning between U.S. Highway 97 and Kendall Road.
But rather than put the blaze out, the department monitored the fire, allowing it to consume weeds growing at the town's entrance.
Fire officials stood by for short time, until it was barely smoldering.
According to fire officials, a neighbor had intentionally set the small fire to cut down on the weeds.
More like this story
- Coulee City motorcyclist killed
- Tribe plans hemp blessing Tuesday morning
- Fire tops 30,000 acres, destroys two structures
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain