Thursday, April 10, 2014
RIVERSIDE The Fire Department was called out Thursday afternoon for a small fire burning between U.S. Highway 97 and Kendall Road.
But rather than put the blaze out, the department monitored the fire, allowing it to consume weeds growing at the town's entrance.
Fire officials stood by for short time, until it was barely smoldering.
According to fire officials, a neighbor had intentionally set the small fire to cut down on the weeds.
More like this story
- CENTER STAGE: ‘Little Sister’ guitar brings warm tone
- Music at the View returns this weekend
- Conconully Lake camp remains closed
- State wants to keep fisher, whales on list
- Okanogan takes top spot in Envirothon
- Omak FFA chapter wins top honors
- Death is not always easy to cope with
- Briefs - May 24, 2017
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals