Thursday, April 10, 2014
TONASKET A Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match, the final long-range shoot of the season, is planned for Saturday at the Tonasket Gun Club, 100 N. Pine Creek Road.
Set up is 8:30 a.m., practice from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and record firing starts at 9 a.m.
Next month the club will start its summer schedule of pistol cartridge and rimfire silhouette shoots, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
Saturday’s match requires a lever action, tube fed, iron sighted centerfire rifle.
The match consists of ten shots each at Chickens at 50 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters and rams at 200 meters.
“You will need at least 50 rounds for a couple practice shots and the 40 round match,” Malone said. “To be successful, the rifle or cartridge combination must have enough energy to topple a 50-pound ram at 200 meters.”
He suggest a .30-30 rifle.
There is a cost to fire.
The Okanogan Wildlife Council is having a turkey shoot with games for shotgun, rifle and pistol that will start at 10 a.m. and last until mid afternoon, Malone said.
The Turkey shoot is at the upper range off Spring Coulee Road south of Okanogan.
“It’s gonna be a great day, so make sure you burn powder somewhere,” Malone said.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge