Thursday, April 10, 2014
TONASKET A Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match, the final long-range shoot of the season, is planned for Saturday at the Tonasket Gun Club, 100 N. Pine Creek Road.
Set up is 8:30 a.m., practice from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and record firing starts at 9 a.m.
Next month the club will start its summer schedule of pistol cartridge and rimfire silhouette shoots, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
Saturday’s match requires a lever action, tube fed, iron sighted centerfire rifle.
The match consists of ten shots each at Chickens at 50 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters and rams at 200 meters.
“You will need at least 50 rounds for a couple practice shots and the 40 round match,” Malone said. “To be successful, the rifle or cartridge combination must have enough energy to topple a 50-pound ram at 200 meters.”
He suggest a .30-30 rifle.
There is a cost to fire.
The Okanogan Wildlife Council is having a turkey shoot with games for shotgun, rifle and pistol that will start at 10 a.m. and last until mid afternoon, Malone said.
The Turkey shoot is at the upper range off Spring Coulee Road south of Okanogan.
“It’s gonna be a great day, so make sure you burn powder somewhere,” Malone said.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON