Thursday, April 10, 2014
TONASKET A Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match, the final long-range shoot of the season, is planned for Saturday at the Tonasket Gun Club, 100 N. Pine Creek Road.
Set up is 8:30 a.m., practice from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and record firing starts at 9 a.m.
Next month the club will start its summer schedule of pistol cartridge and rimfire silhouette shoots, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
Saturday’s match requires a lever action, tube fed, iron sighted centerfire rifle.
The match consists of ten shots each at Chickens at 50 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters and rams at 200 meters.
“You will need at least 50 rounds for a couple practice shots and the 40 round match,” Malone said. “To be successful, the rifle or cartridge combination must have enough energy to topple a 50-pound ram at 200 meters.”
He suggest a .30-30 rifle.
There is a cost to fire.
The Okanogan Wildlife Council is having a turkey shoot with games for shotgun, rifle and pistol that will start at 10 a.m. and last until mid afternoon, Malone said.
The Turkey shoot is at the upper range off Spring Coulee Road south of Okanogan.
“It’s gonna be a great day, so make sure you burn powder somewhere,” Malone said.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge