Thursday, April 10, 2014
TONASKET A Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match, the final long-range shoot of the season, is planned for Saturday at the Tonasket Gun Club, 100 N. Pine Creek Road.
Set up is 8:30 a.m., practice from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and record firing starts at 9 a.m.
Next month the club will start its summer schedule of pistol cartridge and rimfire silhouette shoots, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
Saturday’s match requires a lever action, tube fed, iron sighted centerfire rifle.
The match consists of ten shots each at Chickens at 50 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters and rams at 200 meters.
“You will need at least 50 rounds for a couple practice shots and the 40 round match,” Malone said. “To be successful, the rifle or cartridge combination must have enough energy to topple a 50-pound ram at 200 meters.”
He suggest a .30-30 rifle.
There is a cost to fire.
The Okanogan Wildlife Council is having a turkey shoot with games for shotgun, rifle and pistol that will start at 10 a.m. and last until mid afternoon, Malone said.
The Turkey shoot is at the upper range off Spring Coulee Road south of Okanogan.
“It’s gonna be a great day, so make sure you burn powder somewhere,” Malone said.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge