Thursday, April 10, 2014
TONASKET A Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match, the final long-range shoot of the season, is planned for Saturday at the Tonasket Gun Club, 100 N. Pine Creek Road.
Set up is 8:30 a.m., practice from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and record firing starts at 9 a.m.
Next month the club will start its summer schedule of pistol cartridge and rimfire silhouette shoots, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
Saturday’s match requires a lever action, tube fed, iron sighted centerfire rifle.
The match consists of ten shots each at Chickens at 50 meters, pigs at 100 meters, turkeys at 150 meters and rams at 200 meters.
“You will need at least 50 rounds for a couple practice shots and the 40 round match,” Malone said. “To be successful, the rifle or cartridge combination must have enough energy to topple a 50-pound ram at 200 meters.”
He suggest a .30-30 rifle.
There is a cost to fire.
The Okanogan Wildlife Council is having a turkey shoot with games for shotgun, rifle and pistol that will start at 10 a.m. and last until mid afternoon, Malone said.
The Turkey shoot is at the upper range off Spring Coulee Road south of Okanogan.
“It’s gonna be a great day, so make sure you burn powder somewhere,” Malone said.
More like this story
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge