Wednesday, April 9, 2014
VANTAGE The Washington State Patrol is routing westbound Interstate 90 traffic through Wenatchee and Blewett Pass as it investigates a crash near the Columbia River bridge at Vantage.
Interstate 90 remains closed following an 8 a.m. crash between Mileposts 137 and 138, the State Patrol reported.
Westbound traffic is being routed onto state Highways 281 and 28, then back south on U.S. Highway 97, the State Patrol reported. The route includes the nearest bridges over the Columbia River.
The State Patrol has yet to release any information on the crash. And troopers, so far, have not commented on using the Vernita Bridge south of Vantage, at the northern edge of the Hanford Reservation.
The State Patrol does not currently have an estimated time for reopening of the interstate.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge