Wednesday, April 9, 2014
OKANOGAN The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office’s K-9 corps has received three ballistic vests to protect the dogs.
A non-profit organization, Vested Interest in K9s Inc., provided the vests, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
In a nationwide “Groupon” event, the organization raised more than $335,000 for the dog safety vests.
The office’s latest K-9 graduate, Basco, received a vest. Ayk and Gunner received vests through an online event earlier this year. People could make tax-deductible donations.
Vested Interest in K9s Inc. will provide more than 350 law enforcement dogs nationwide with the protective body armor in memory of the Pittsburgh Police Department’s Rocco, who died in the line of duty in January.
All vests will be embroidered with “In Memory of K9 Rocco, Pittsburgh Police Department.”
Each vest costs $950 and has a five-year warranty.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge