Sunday, April 6, 2014
CONCONULLY An Omak woman died Saturday evening when the ATV on which she was riding plunged over a 100-foot embankment and into Conconully Lake.
Charity R. Rumbolz, 24, died about 9:10 p.m. She had been a passenger on the ATV, driven by Omak resident Cain M. Bivins, 33, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said. The vehicle went off the gravel road on a sharp corner.
Bivins was thrown from the vehicle, but Rumbolz was wearing a seatbelt and went into the water with the ATV. Divers retrieved her body several hours later An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, Rogers said.
Bivins was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak and later was booked into the county jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide. Rogers said alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN