Sunday, April 6, 2014
CONCONULLY An Omak woman died Saturday evening when the ATV on which she was riding plunged over a 100-foot embankment and into Conconully Lake.
Charity R. Rumbolz, 24, died about 9:10 p.m. She had been a passenger on the ATV, driven by Omak resident Cain M. Bivins, 33, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said. The vehicle went off the gravel road on a sharp corner.
Bivins was thrown from the vehicle, but Rumbolz was wearing a seatbelt and went into the water with the ATV. Divers retrieved her body several hours later An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, Rogers said.
Bivins was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak and later was booked into the county jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide. Rogers said alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge