Sunday, April 6, 2014
CONCONULLY An Omak woman died Saturday evening when the ATV on which she was riding plunged over a 100-foot embankment and into Conconully Lake.
Charity R. Rumbolz, 24, died about 9:10 p.m. She had been a passenger on the ATV, driven by Omak resident Cain M. Bivins, 33, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said. The vehicle went off the gravel road on a sharp corner.
Bivins was thrown from the vehicle, but Rumbolz was wearing a seatbelt and went into the water with the ATV. Divers retrieved her body several hours later An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, Rogers said.
Bivins was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak and later was booked into the county jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide. Rogers said alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge