Sunday, April 6, 2014
CONCONULLY An Omak woman died Saturday evening when the ATV on which she was riding plunged over a 100-foot embankment and into Conconully Lake.
Charity R. Rumbolz, 24, died about 9:10 p.m. She had been a passenger on the ATV, driven by Omak resident Cain M. Bivins, 33, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said. The vehicle went off the gravel road on a sharp corner.
Bivins was thrown from the vehicle, but Rumbolz was wearing a seatbelt and went into the water with the ATV. Divers retrieved her body several hours later An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, Rogers said.
Bivins was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak and later was booked into the county jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide. Rogers said alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccerreturns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports