Sunday, April 6, 2014
CONCONULLY An Omak woman died Saturday evening when the ATV on which she was riding plunged over a 100-foot embankment and into Conconully Lake.
Charity R. Rumbolz, 24, died about 9:10 p.m. She had been a passenger on the ATV, driven by Omak resident Cain M. Bivins, 33, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said. The vehicle went off the gravel road on a sharp corner.
Bivins was thrown from the vehicle, but Rumbolz was wearing a seatbelt and went into the water with the ATV. Divers retrieved her body several hours later An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, Rogers said.
Bivins was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak and later was booked into the county jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide. Rogers said alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS