Wednesday, April 2, 2014
OMAK Drew Jaeger relied on songs made popular by The Platters and Vince Gill en route to claiming his second straight Washington State Nashville Country Star title Saturday.
The Wenatchee High School senior — the only boy among the 13 contestants — is headed to the University of Wash-ington’s music program next year.
Jaeger was crowned at the end of a three-hour program that saw him and Emily Stredwick in a tie after the first round of scoring, contest founder Ed Lisenbey told the audience.
Judges crunched numbers some more — and split a few hairs, Lisenbey said — to come up with Jaeger as the winner.
He took home $1,500.
Stredwick placed second and won $750.
Katelyn Hart, Gig Harbor, placed third, followed by Kaitee Carney of Toledo. They won $600 and $500, respectively.
Curlew had three singers in the finale, with senior Kianna Carpenter placing fifth and winning $400.
Samantha Bennett, a freshman from Graham Kapowsin High School in Western Washington, placed fourth and won $300.
The remainder of the field, winning $250 each, included Lexi Batman, Wenatchee; Taleigh Bockmann, Curlew; Jaimee Keenan, Curlew; Teo Lupu, Redmond; Mel Markel, Richland; Allison Porter, Redmond, and Rachel Woods, Sumner.
Brock Hires, a former competitor from Tonasket, was master of ceremonies.
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE