Sunday, September 29, 2013
OMAK Several area schools will be hosting college fair days next week.
Omak High School’s college fair will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the commons and library at the school, 20 S. Cedar St.
The school is expecting a strong turnout from college representatives and others.
The first hour will entail a presentation on writing a “dynamite” application or personal statement by Washington State University’s Jesus Enriquez and a presentation on financial aid and scholarships by Omak High School’s Tanya Peterson.
The final hour will be an opportunity for students to visit with representatives from various colleges, including Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, University of Washington-Bothell, Evergreen State College, Wenatchee Valley College and Community Colleges of Spokane.
It has been advertised to the school’s junior and senior class.
Okanogan High School will have a three-day college fair from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 1-3 at Dawson Gym at the school, 244 S. Fifth Ave.
The Okanogan Valley College Access Network will host the event.
Oroville and Tonasket will also join together for a college fair Oct. 1 at Tonasket High School, 35 state Highway 20.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge