Sunday, September 29, 2013
OMAK Several area schools will be hosting college fair days next week.
Omak High School’s college fair will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the commons and library at the school, 20 S. Cedar St.
The school is expecting a strong turnout from college representatives and others.
The first hour will entail a presentation on writing a “dynamite” application or personal statement by Washington State University’s Jesus Enriquez and a presentation on financial aid and scholarships by Omak High School’s Tanya Peterson.
The final hour will be an opportunity for students to visit with representatives from various colleges, including Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, University of Washington-Bothell, Evergreen State College, Wenatchee Valley College and Community Colleges of Spokane.
It has been advertised to the school’s junior and senior class.
Okanogan High School will have a three-day college fair from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 1-3 at Dawson Gym at the school, 244 S. Fifth Ave.
The Okanogan Valley College Access Network will host the event.
Oroville and Tonasket will also join together for a college fair Oct. 1 at Tonasket High School, 35 state Highway 20.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge