Sunday, September 29, 2013
OMAK Several area schools will be hosting college fair days next week.
Omak High School’s college fair will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the commons and library at the school, 20 S. Cedar St.
The school is expecting a strong turnout from college representatives and others.
The first hour will entail a presentation on writing a “dynamite” application or personal statement by Washington State University’s Jesus Enriquez and a presentation on financial aid and scholarships by Omak High School’s Tanya Peterson.
The final hour will be an opportunity for students to visit with representatives from various colleges, including Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, University of Washington-Bothell, Evergreen State College, Wenatchee Valley College and Community Colleges of Spokane.
It has been advertised to the school’s junior and senior class.
Okanogan High School will have a three-day college fair from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 1-3 at Dawson Gym at the school, 244 S. Fifth Ave.
The Okanogan Valley College Access Network will host the event.
Oroville and Tonasket will also join together for a college fair Oct. 1 at Tonasket High School, 35 state Highway 20.
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas todayWashington first lady Trudi Inslee is in Pateros today touring fire areas. She toured the Alta Lake spike camp to ...
- Public meeting about fires is today in NespelemA public meeting about the North Star and Tunk Block fires will be at 5 p.m. today at Nespelem School, ...
More like this story
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge