Sunday, September 29, 2013
OMAK Several area schools will be hosting college fair days next week.
Omak High School’s college fair will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the commons and library at the school, 20 S. Cedar St.
The school is expecting a strong turnout from college representatives and others.
The first hour will entail a presentation on writing a “dynamite” application or personal statement by Washington State University’s Jesus Enriquez and a presentation on financial aid and scholarships by Omak High School’s Tanya Peterson.
The final hour will be an opportunity for students to visit with representatives from various colleges, including Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, University of Washington-Bothell, Evergreen State College, Wenatchee Valley College and Community Colleges of Spokane.
It has been advertised to the school’s junior and senior class.
Okanogan High School will have a three-day college fair from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 1-3 at Dawson Gym at the school, 244 S. Fifth Ave.
The Okanogan Valley College Access Network will host the event.
Oroville and Tonasket will also join together for a college fair Oct. 1 at Tonasket High School, 35 state Highway 20.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge