Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OROVILLE Water levels in Osoyoos Lake will be lowered in the coming weeks to prepare for upcoming winter weather.
The lake will be gradually lowered to winter operational levels at Zosel Dam. The water level will be maintained at 909.5 feet until spring. As of Thursday, the level was 911.4 feet.
Lowering the lake levels in the fall provides more storage area for winter rain and melting snow and prevents shoreline damage from winter freezing and flooding.
Dam operators will raise the lake back to 911.5 feet for normal summer operations starting in March.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting