Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OROVILLE Water levels in Osoyoos Lake will be lowered in the coming weeks to prepare for upcoming winter weather.
The lake will be gradually lowered to winter operational levels at Zosel Dam. The water level will be maintained at 909.5 feet until spring. As of Thursday, the level was 911.4 feet.
Lowering the lake levels in the fall provides more storage area for winter rain and melting snow and prevents shoreline damage from winter freezing and flooding.
Dam operators will raise the lake back to 911.5 feet for normal summer operations starting in March.
More like this story
- Dam repairs at Winchester Lake to require several weeks
- Water levels to be lowered upstream of John Day dam
- Watch for rocks: U.S. Army Corps drops Columbia river levels starting Aug. 31
- Sockeye run edging toward record-smashing 600,000 fish; Most headed for Okanogan Basin
- Columbia River high water levels expected to last until July
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge