Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OROVILLE Water levels in Osoyoos Lake will be lowered in the coming weeks to prepare for upcoming winter weather.
The lake will be gradually lowered to winter operational levels at Zosel Dam. The water level will be maintained at 909.5 feet until spring. As of Thursday, the level was 911.4 feet.
Lowering the lake levels in the fall provides more storage area for winter rain and melting snow and prevents shoreline damage from winter freezing and flooding.
Dam operators will raise the lake back to 911.5 feet for normal summer operations starting in March.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona