Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge