Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Manta Rays sting Bearcudas swimmers
- Area tennis players tough at USTA
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Coaches bleed school colors
- Wenatchee bass team finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third