Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments