Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage