Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend