Wednesday, September 25, 2013
WINTHROP Rather than leave the seat empty until Michael Strulic, running unopposed in the November election, takes the helm Jan. 1, the Town Council has decided to appoint a resident to serve the rest of the year.
Letters of interest can be submitted before 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, and interviews will follow at the council’s Oct. 2 meeting.
They can be dropped off at Town Hall, 206 Riverside Ave., emailed to council@town
ofwinthrop.com or mailed to the Town of Winthrop, P.O. Box 459, Winthrop, WA 98862.
Candidates must be registered voters living within the town limits.
Former council member Tiffany Langdalen resigned from the position last month.
More like this story
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- 'Opening soon': Red Rooster Grill could come to Omak
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona
- Marchbank elected to lead Methow Valley board