Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OKANOGAN Proposals are being sought from contractors for work in Salmon Creek on property purchased recently by the Colville Confederated Tribes.
The tribe is seeking proposals until Oct. 1 for work on 158 acres known as the McCormick parcel as part of its summer steelhead recovery program. The property is 7.5 miles from Okanogan and 10.4 miles from Conconully.
Under the project, the successful contractor would remove gabions — wire mesh containing river cobbles — and return them to the stream channel.
It would fortify the stream bank with large rock, remove a wooden bridge containing creosote timber and deposit it at an approved site, create an outlet from a spring water-driven side channel to the creek and install a grade control structure to stabilize the stream.
Entrix Inc. developed a design plan for the tribe.
Materials specified include pine or fir trees, some with root wads, plus rock and imported soil.
The contract must comply with regulations and provisions of the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance and federal Title 10, meaning Indian preference will be given for employment. Proposals must be submitted by 4 p.m. Oct. 1.
The anticipated starting date is Oct. 22, with project completion by Dec. 1.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE