Wednesday, September 25, 2013
PATEROS The collision of a pickup and a tractor-trailer Sept. 19 injured a local woman and shut down U.S. Highway 97 about two miles north of town, slowing traffic to a crawl for about three hours.
Kathleen M. Pryor, 90, of Pateros, was driving south in her pickup truck at about 2:20 p.m. when she left the roadway and went into the ditch, then drove back across both lanes onto the northbound shoulder, according to a State Patrol report.
The tractor, hauling two trailers stacked with apple boxes, attempted to avoid Pryor by veering into the southbound lane, but Pryor’s pickup struck the rear of the first trailer while it was still in the northbound lane.
The crash tipped over the second trailer, sending boxes tumbling into the southbound ditch.
Pryor, who wore her seatbelt, was treated and released the same day at Three Rivers Hospital, spokeswoman Rebecca Meadows said.
She was charged with driving with wheels off the roadway, the State Patrol said.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Timothy L. Isensee of Brewster, was unharmed.
While state troopers investigated the crash, volunteers with Okanogan-Douglas County Fire District No. 15 helped right the tipped trailer. The state Department of Transportation was called in to clean up the roadway and direct traffic, which was backed up for miles on both sides until the trailers were towed away at about 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge