Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OKANOGAN The first-degree murder trial of a Riverside man has been postponed, pending confirmation to the court that he’s had a mental evaluation.
Don Arthur Moore, 65, was charged April 24 in Okanogan County Superior Court in the April 20 shooting and stabbing death of Bruce R. Molony.
Moore’s trial had been set for Oct. 1.
Instead, his next court date is Oct. 14 for a review of whether a mental evaluation has been completed.
He was arrested early April 20 at Molony’s home on Foggy River Loop Road near Riverside and booked into the county jail early the next morning. Bail was set at $1 million.
Moore called the Sheriff’s Office at 4:13 p.m. April 20 to report the incident. He reported he had been stabbed and that the person who stabbed him was dead after being shot and stabbed.
Moore had previously reported several items missing from his home at 30007 U.S. Highway 97, Riverside, and that he suspected Molony of taking them.
He later allegedly discovered a clutch missing from a truck and confronted Molony, who allegedly came after Moore with a knife, court documents show.
Moore allegedly responded by pulling out a .22-caliber pistol. Molony was shot eight times and stabbed eight times, an initial autopsy report showed.
The suspect was treated at Mid-Valley Hospital and then taken to jail, where he remains.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge