Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OKANOGAN The first-degree murder trial of a Riverside man has been postponed, pending confirmation to the court that he’s had a mental evaluation.
Don Arthur Moore, 65, was charged April 24 in Okanogan County Superior Court in the April 20 shooting and stabbing death of Bruce R. Molony.
Moore’s trial had been set for Oct. 1.
Instead, his next court date is Oct. 14 for a review of whether a mental evaluation has been completed.
He was arrested early April 20 at Molony’s home on Foggy River Loop Road near Riverside and booked into the county jail early the next morning. Bail was set at $1 million.
Moore called the Sheriff’s Office at 4:13 p.m. April 20 to report the incident. He reported he had been stabbed and that the person who stabbed him was dead after being shot and stabbed.
Moore had previously reported several items missing from his home at 30007 U.S. Highway 97, Riverside, and that he suspected Molony of taking them.
He later allegedly discovered a clutch missing from a truck and confronted Molony, who allegedly came after Moore with a knife, court documents show.
Moore allegedly responded by pulling out a .22-caliber pistol. Molony was shot eight times and stabbed eight times, an initial autopsy report showed.
The suspect was treated at Mid-Valley Hospital and then taken to jail, where he remains.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING