Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OKANOGAN The first-degree murder trial of a Riverside man has been postponed, pending confirmation to the court that he’s had a mental evaluation.
Don Arthur Moore, 65, was charged April 24 in Okanogan County Superior Court in the April 20 shooting and stabbing death of Bruce R. Molony.
Moore’s trial had been set for Oct. 1.
Instead, his next court date is Oct. 14 for a review of whether a mental evaluation has been completed.
He was arrested early April 20 at Molony’s home on Foggy River Loop Road near Riverside and booked into the county jail early the next morning. Bail was set at $1 million.
Moore called the Sheriff’s Office at 4:13 p.m. April 20 to report the incident. He reported he had been stabbed and that the person who stabbed him was dead after being shot and stabbed.
Moore had previously reported several items missing from his home at 30007 U.S. Highway 97, Riverside, and that he suspected Molony of taking them.
He later allegedly discovered a clutch missing from a truck and confronted Molony, who allegedly came after Moore with a knife, court documents show.
Moore allegedly responded by pulling out a .22-caliber pistol. Molony was shot eight times and stabbed eight times, an initial autopsy report showed.
The suspect was treated at Mid-Valley Hospital and then taken to jail, where he remains.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE