Wednesday, September 25, 2013
OKANOGAN The first-degree murder trial of a Riverside man has been postponed, pending confirmation to the court that he’s had a mental evaluation.
Don Arthur Moore, 65, was charged April 24 in Okanogan County Superior Court in the April 20 shooting and stabbing death of Bruce R. Molony.
Moore’s trial had been set for Oct. 1.
Instead, his next court date is Oct. 14 for a review of whether a mental evaluation has been completed.
He was arrested early April 20 at Molony’s home on Foggy River Loop Road near Riverside and booked into the county jail early the next morning. Bail was set at $1 million.
Moore called the Sheriff’s Office at 4:13 p.m. April 20 to report the incident. He reported he had been stabbed and that the person who stabbed him was dead after being shot and stabbed.
Moore had previously reported several items missing from his home at 30007 U.S. Highway 97, Riverside, and that he suspected Molony of taking them.
He later allegedly discovered a clutch missing from a truck and confronted Molony, who allegedly came after Moore with a knife, court documents show.
Moore allegedly responded by pulling out a .22-caliber pistol. Molony was shot eight times and stabbed eight times, an initial autopsy report showed.
The suspect was treated at Mid-Valley Hospital and then taken to jail, where he remains.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge