Wednesday, September 25, 2013
CHESAW Sheriff’s deputies are waiting for lab results in the Labor Day shooting death of a Hoquiam hunter.
Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said evidence has been sent to the state Crime Lab.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, was shot on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge. He had just gotten out of a vehicle, driven by another Hoquiam man, George R. Stover, 65, and taken two shots at a grouse, Rogers said.
Deputies searched a home about 100 yards away and confiscated several items, including weapons, ammunition and other items. Two occupants of the home were interviewed, Rogers said.
No arrests have been made, but persons of interest have been identified, he said.
“We are still putting the case together and waiting for the lab results to be finished up,” Rogers said.
After Carrigan shot at the bird, Stover heard another shot from somewhere else, Rogers said.
Stover said he saw Carrigan turn around and could see blood on him, and then fall down.
He allegedly heard another shot, so he drove out of the area to get help from law enforcement, Rogers said.
The death is the fifth homicide in Okanogan County this year.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL