Wednesday, September 25, 2013
CHESAW Sheriff’s deputies are waiting for lab results in the Labor Day shooting death of a Hoquiam hunter.
Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said evidence has been sent to the state Crime Lab.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, was shot on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge. He had just gotten out of a vehicle, driven by another Hoquiam man, George R. Stover, 65, and taken two shots at a grouse, Rogers said.
Deputies searched a home about 100 yards away and confiscated several items, including weapons, ammunition and other items. Two occupants of the home were interviewed, Rogers said.
No arrests have been made, but persons of interest have been identified, he said.
“We are still putting the case together and waiting for the lab results to be finished up,” Rogers said.
After Carrigan shot at the bird, Stover heard another shot from somewhere else, Rogers said.
Stover said he saw Carrigan turn around and could see blood on him, and then fall down.
He allegedly heard another shot, so he drove out of the area to get help from law enforcement, Rogers said.
The death is the fifth homicide in Okanogan County this year.
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge