Wednesday, September 25, 2013
BREWSTER The city has elected not to be part of the mosquito control district being formed in the Omak-Okanogan area.
“Basically, the city of Brewster doesn’t have a mosquito problem,” Clerk/Treasurer Misty Ruiz said. The council made its decision during the Sept. 11 meeting.
“I think I’ve gotten one complaint about mosquitoes in the three years I’ve been here,” she said. “One council member said he felt it was something that could be better resolved by people within the city, rather than doing an application over the entire city.”
Ruiz said Brewster’s mosquito issue is likely different from what Omak and Okanogan experienced earlier this summer because the Columbia River moves more quickly than the Okanogan River.
The Okanogan County Mosquito Control District Advisory Board announced it would begin reaching out to other communities in the county last month, Omak city administrator Ralph Malone said.
Voters would have to create the district with special purpose designation so it can collect a tax from residents to pay for mosquito control.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-043 Jan. 21) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 867 of the City of Brewster, Washington
- 810 (2016-449 Nov. 16) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 881
- Speak up now on mosquito control
- 810 (2016-329 July 20) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 876
- (2014-125 Feb. 26) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 855 of the City of Brewster, Washington
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge