Tuesday, September 17, 2013
OKANOGAN - The local U.S. Forest Service office, 1240 S. Second Ave., will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 18, for parking lot repair work.
"Although the public will not be able to enter the office, Forest Service employees will be working in the building and available to answer phone calls," Road Management Engineering Technician Dave Colbert said.
Colbert said the plans are for the contractor to seal coat the asphalt and add lane striping later.
The original plan was to have the office closed Monday and Tuesday, but the forecast of rain delayed the maintenance project.
More like this story
- (2014-206 April 16) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Memorial Day camping comes with responsibility for visitors
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- (2014-061 Jan. 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman