Tuesday, September 17, 2013
OKANOGAN - The local U.S. Forest Service office, 1240 S. Second Ave., will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 18, for parking lot repair work.
"Although the public will not be able to enter the office, Forest Service employees will be working in the building and available to answer phone calls," Road Management Engineering Technician Dave Colbert said.
Colbert said the plans are for the contractor to seal coat the asphalt and add lane striping later.
The original plan was to have the office closed Monday and Tuesday, but the forecast of rain delayed the maintenance project.
More like this story
- (2014-206 April 16) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- (2014-061 Jan. 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Road under repair
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge