Tuesday, September 17, 2013
OKANOGAN - The local U.S. Forest Service office, 1240 S. Second Ave., will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 18, for parking lot repair work.
"Although the public will not be able to enter the office, Forest Service employees will be working in the building and available to answer phone calls," Road Management Engineering Technician Dave Colbert said.
Colbert said the plans are for the contractor to seal coat the asphalt and add lane striping later.
The original plan was to have the office closed Monday and Tuesday, but the forecast of rain delayed the maintenance project.
More like this story
- (2014-206 April 16) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Memorial Day camping comes with responsibility for visitors
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- (2014-061 Jan. 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge