Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge