Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting