Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY