Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge