Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge