Monday, September 9, 2013
OKANOGAN A DUI enforcement campaign spanning three North-Central Washington counties netted 60 arrests of drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign was conducted from Aug. 16 to Sept. 2.
Preliminary numbers show 60 motorists were stopped and arrested for DUI in Okanogan, Chelan and Douglas counties, the same number of arrests during the 2012 campaign.
The sweep netted 1,420 drivers who were arrested for DUI statewide.
These patrols are important because August is one of the deadliest months on Washington’s roadways, the Washington State Patrol said.
Several area agencies participated in the extra DUI patrols, including the Brewster Police Department, the Washington State Patrol and the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
To see a list of people arrested each week, see print or e-edition of The Chronicle.
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flatsElectricity should be restored by late Friday to areas of the Omak flats and Riverside Cutoff, Greenacres and Johnson Creek ...
- High winds to fan Ferry County firesIntense fire behavior is expected today throughout Ferry County as officials from the National Weather Service are predicting high winds ...
- North Star Fire continues burning northwardThe North Star Fire, burning mostly on the Colville Indian Reservation, has blackened 170,000 acres of forest, brush and grass.
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant CountyA homemade explosive device found along a road Wednesday evening was neutralized by the Richland Police Bomb Squad and Grant ...
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge