Originally published September 4, 2013 at 09:52a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:52a.m.
WINTHROP – All types of vintage wheels will be on display this Saturday during the 38th annual Winthrop Auto Show.
The Sept. 7 show, previously the Winthrop Auto Rallye, will include vintage cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, trailers, bicycles and pedal cars.
“This very popular, spectator-friendly event showcases the beauty of vintage wheels against the backdrop of the Old West town of Winthrop,” Winthrop Chamber of Commerce organizers said.
Registration is through the Chamber website. Trophies will be awarded in several categories, plus best of show and people’s choice.
Vehicles from throughout the Pacific Northwest and Canada are expected.
• 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Swap meet where people can buy, sell and trade wheels-related items.
• 10 a.m. – Vehicle staging. Automobiles will stage at the Winthrop Inn, 960 state Highway 20; motorcycles at Riverside Printing, 131 Riverside Ave.; tractors at the Shafter Museum, 285 Castle Road; travel trailers at Pine Near RV Park, 316 Castle Ave.; bicycles at Methow Cycle and Sport, 29 state Highway 20, and pedal cars downtown.
• 11 a.m. — Antique vehicle parade through downtown.
• Noon to 3 p.m., Show n’ Shine, downtown.
Automobiles will be displayed downtown, motorcycles at Riverside Printing, tractors at the Shafer Museum, travel trailers at the Pine Near RV Park and bicycles at Methow Cycle and Sport. All are within walking distance of each other.
• 3 p.m. – Awards presentations at each location.
• 4 p.m. – Bucket run to Twisp via state Highway 20 and back to Winthrop on the Twisp-Winthrop Eastside Road.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge