Originally published September 4, 2013 at 09:52a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:52a.m.
WINTHROP – All types of vintage wheels will be on display this Saturday during the 38th annual Winthrop Auto Show.
The Sept. 7 show, previously the Winthrop Auto Rallye, will include vintage cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, trailers, bicycles and pedal cars.
“This very popular, spectator-friendly event showcases the beauty of vintage wheels against the backdrop of the Old West town of Winthrop,” Winthrop Chamber of Commerce organizers said.
Registration is through the Chamber website. Trophies will be awarded in several categories, plus best of show and people’s choice.
Vehicles from throughout the Pacific Northwest and Canada are expected.
• 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Swap meet where people can buy, sell and trade wheels-related items.
• 10 a.m. – Vehicle staging. Automobiles will stage at the Winthrop Inn, 960 state Highway 20; motorcycles at Riverside Printing, 131 Riverside Ave.; tractors at the Shafter Museum, 285 Castle Road; travel trailers at Pine Near RV Park, 316 Castle Ave.; bicycles at Methow Cycle and Sport, 29 state Highway 20, and pedal cars downtown.
• 11 a.m. — Antique vehicle parade through downtown.
• Noon to 3 p.m., Show n’ Shine, downtown.
Automobiles will be displayed downtown, motorcycles at Riverside Printing, tractors at the Shafer Museum, travel trailers at the Pine Near RV Park and bicycles at Methow Cycle and Sport. All are within walking distance of each other.
• 3 p.m. – Awards presentations at each location.
• 4 p.m. – Bucket run to Twisp via state Highway 20 and back to Winthrop on the Twisp-Winthrop Eastside Road.
More like this story
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
- 800 (2016-238 May 25) Notice of Final SEPA Determination and Hearing Date CUP 2016-2 “N.O. Paws
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge