Originally published September 4, 2013 at 04:43p.m., updated October 2, 2013 at 04:43p.m.
CONCONULLY – An Omak woman was killed Sept. 3 when her vehicle plunged off an embankment south of Fish Lake.
Carissa L. Amundson, 22, died at the scene, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
Deputies were called at 6:30 a.m. to the crash about a mile south of Fish Lake. They believe Amundson, who was thrown from the vehicle, was the driver.
He said Amundson, Garrett Peterson and Sophia J. Best, both 19 and from Omak, apparently were driving around at about 5-5:30 a.m. when their vehicle skidded on the gravel road and went over a 280-foot embankment. The vehicle overturned and Amundson was ejected.
Best hiked out to the Fish Lake Campground and alerted a camper, who called 911, Rogers said. Peterson and Best both were taken to Mid-Valley Hospital, Omak.
Peterson later was transferred to Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
Best was listed in satisfactory condition Tuesday morning. Peterson was listed in satisfactory condition.
Rogers said deputies are still investigating the scene and don’t know whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
There were no indications speed was a factor, Rogers said.
Amundson attended Okanogan High School. She was a cheerleader during the 2007-08 school year and also was involved in the 2HOTT cheerleading squad.
School records list her mother as Rebecca Sandu.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge