Originally published September 4, 2013 at 09:53a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:53a.m.
Sept. 4, 2013
From Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office Sex offender moves
RIVERSIDE – The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office is alerting the public that a registered sex offender has moved to the area.
Douglas Lawrence Nothwang, 51, has moved to the 100 block of Hubbard Road. He was convicted Feb. 23, 2001 in Denver County, Colorado of sexually assaulting three female children who were related to him.
The assaults took place between September 1999 and April 2000, according to the sheriff’s office. Nothwang was arrested May 3, 2000.
He was sentenced to six years to life in prison and served 7.5 years while receiving sex offender treatment. He continues to receive treatment as an outpatient, according to the sheriff’s office.
Nothwang is on community supervision for life with the U.S. Department of Corrections, and has no other criminal convictions.
He is 6 feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds, with gray hair and brown eyes.
He is not wanted by local law enforcement, and the sheriff’s bulletin warns people against committing “harassment or other unlawful acts directed toward any sex offender.”
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week