Originally published September 4, 2013 at 09:53a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:53a.m.
Sept. 4, 2013
From Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office Sex offender moves
RIVERSIDE – The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office is alerting the public that a registered sex offender has moved to the area.
Douglas Lawrence Nothwang, 51, has moved to the 100 block of Hubbard Road. He was convicted Feb. 23, 2001 in Denver County, Colorado of sexually assaulting three female children who were related to him.
The assaults took place between September 1999 and April 2000, according to the sheriff’s office. Nothwang was arrested May 3, 2000.
He was sentenced to six years to life in prison and served 7.5 years while receiving sex offender treatment. He continues to receive treatment as an outpatient, according to the sheriff’s office.
Nothwang is on community supervision for life with the U.S. Department of Corrections, and has no other criminal convictions.
He is 6 feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds, with gray hair and brown eyes.
He is not wanted by local law enforcement, and the sheriff’s bulletin warns people against committing “harassment or other unlawful acts directed toward any sex offender.”
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge