Originally published September 4, 2013 at 09:53a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:53a.m.
Sept. 4, 2013
From Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office Sex offender moves
RIVERSIDE – The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office is alerting the public that a registered sex offender has moved to the area.
Douglas Lawrence Nothwang, 51, has moved to the 100 block of Hubbard Road. He was convicted Feb. 23, 2001 in Denver County, Colorado of sexually assaulting three female children who were related to him.
The assaults took place between September 1999 and April 2000, according to the sheriff’s office. Nothwang was arrested May 3, 2000.
He was sentenced to six years to life in prison and served 7.5 years while receiving sex offender treatment. He continues to receive treatment as an outpatient, according to the sheriff’s office.
Nothwang is on community supervision for life with the U.S. Department of Corrections, and has no other criminal convictions.
He is 6 feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds, with gray hair and brown eyes.
He is not wanted by local law enforcement, and the sheriff’s bulletin warns people against committing “harassment or other unlawful acts directed toward any sex offender.”
More like this story
- Police warn of IRS scam involving Omak phone number
- Winter park closures announced by state
- Mansfield woman injured after jumping from vehicle
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournament
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runner
- Sweet pickleball results for Omak tournament
- Brewster football charges back late to edge Tonasket
- Hunters do well in hunting season openers