Originally published September 4, 2013 at 04:43p.m., updated October 2, 2013 at 04:43p.m.
REPUBLIC A local man will be arraigned at 10 a.m. Friday in Ferry County Superior Court on charges of first-degree attempted murder and first-degree arson.
Richard William Green, 67, is being held in the Ferry County Jail on $50,000 bail until the hearing.
Green turned himself in Aug. 30, Ferry County Sheriff’s Detective Patrick Rainer said.
“We just booked him like 10 minutes ago” into Ferry County Jail, Rainer said Friday afternoon. “We’ve had contact with him via a witness.”
The Sheriff’s Office, along with other local, state and federal law enforcement, sought Green as a person of interest after Andre Paul Becklin, 63, was shot in the face.
Later last week, the Sheriff’s Office upgraded Green to a suspect.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to Bacon Creek Drive at about 1:03 p.m. Aug. 20, where they found Becklin, who had been shot with a shotgun.
At 1:15 p.m., they were called to a house fire at 75 Rose Haven Circle.
Becklin was being treated at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane when Rainer last checked on him earlier in the week.
“He’s doing OK,” Rainer said.
A spokeswoman at Sacred Heart told The Chronicle on Friday that the hospital had no patient with Becklin’s name.
The arson charge is related to the house fire, which Rainer said was a “total loss.”
“The only thing left was the foundation” and a small outbuilding, which took some damage, he said.
The house was vacant, but Rainer said the homeowners, Elaina and Shawn Strom, were notified and had insurance.
Rainer said he couldn’t provide more details about what happened.
“There’s still some stuff we need to investigate,” he said.
Sheriff’s Office investigators were assisted by the Republic Police Department, United States Border Patrol, Washington State Patrol, U.S. Marshals Service, Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office and the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge