Originally published September 4, 2013 at 04:43p.m., updated October 2, 2013 at 04:43p.m.
REPUBLIC A local man will be arraigned at 10 a.m. Friday in Ferry County Superior Court on charges of first-degree attempted murder and first-degree arson.
Richard William Green, 67, is being held in the Ferry County Jail on $50,000 bail until the hearing.
Green turned himself in Aug. 30, Ferry County Sheriff’s Detective Patrick Rainer said.
“We just booked him like 10 minutes ago” into Ferry County Jail, Rainer said Friday afternoon. “We’ve had contact with him via a witness.”
The Sheriff’s Office, along with other local, state and federal law enforcement, sought Green as a person of interest after Andre Paul Becklin, 63, was shot in the face.
Later last week, the Sheriff’s Office upgraded Green to a suspect.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to Bacon Creek Drive at about 1:03 p.m. Aug. 20, where they found Becklin, who had been shot with a shotgun.
At 1:15 p.m., they were called to a house fire at 75 Rose Haven Circle.
Becklin was being treated at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane when Rainer last checked on him earlier in the week.
“He’s doing OK,” Rainer said.
A spokeswoman at Sacred Heart told The Chronicle on Friday that the hospital had no patient with Becklin’s name.
The arson charge is related to the house fire, which Rainer said was a “total loss.”
“The only thing left was the foundation” and a small outbuilding, which took some damage, he said.
The house was vacant, but Rainer said the homeowners, Elaina and Shawn Strom, were notified and had insurance.
Rainer said he couldn’t provide more details about what happened.
“There’s still some stuff we need to investigate,” he said.
Sheriff’s Office investigators were assisted by the Republic Police Department, United States Border Patrol, Washington State Patrol, U.S. Marshals Service, Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office and the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge