Originally published September 4, 2013 at 04:43p.m., updated October 2, 2013 at 04:43p.m.
REPUBLIC A local man will be arraigned at 10 a.m. Friday in Ferry County Superior Court on charges of first-degree attempted murder and first-degree arson.
Richard William Green, 67, is being held in the Ferry County Jail on $50,000 bail until the hearing.
Green turned himself in Aug. 30, Ferry County Sheriff’s Detective Patrick Rainer said.
“We just booked him like 10 minutes ago” into Ferry County Jail, Rainer said Friday afternoon. “We’ve had contact with him via a witness.”
The Sheriff’s Office, along with other local, state and federal law enforcement, sought Green as a person of interest after Andre Paul Becklin, 63, was shot in the face.
Later last week, the Sheriff’s Office upgraded Green to a suspect.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to Bacon Creek Drive at about 1:03 p.m. Aug. 20, where they found Becklin, who had been shot with a shotgun.
At 1:15 p.m., they were called to a house fire at 75 Rose Haven Circle.
Becklin was being treated at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane when Rainer last checked on him earlier in the week.
“He’s doing OK,” Rainer said.
A spokeswoman at Sacred Heart told The Chronicle on Friday that the hospital had no patient with Becklin’s name.
The arson charge is related to the house fire, which Rainer said was a “total loss.”
“The only thing left was the foundation” and a small outbuilding, which took some damage, he said.
The house was vacant, but Rainer said the homeowners, Elaina and Shawn Strom, were notified and had insurance.
Rainer said he couldn’t provide more details about what happened.
“There’s still some stuff we need to investigate,” he said.
Sheriff’s Office investigators were assisted by the Republic Police Department, United States Border Patrol, Washington State Patrol, U.S. Marshals Service, Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office and the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
More like this story
- 50 years ago: Riverside may get new bridge
- 820 (2017-071 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP
- Board votes not to renew Landdeck's coaching contract
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- 820 (2017-057 March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-067 March 22, 29, April 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-068 March 29, April 19) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO RCW CHAPTER 61.24
- 820 (2017-069 March 29) INVITATION TO BID
- 820 (2017-070 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP