Originally published September 4, 2013 at 12:00a.m., updated October 3, 2013 at 09:46a.m.
WINTHROP Levi Brotherton of Omak was the big winner at the 42nd annual Methow Valley Labor Day Weekend Rodeo on Aug. 31 to Sept. 1.
Brotherton collected all of the added $1,500 money in saddle bronc since he was the lone rider with a score. He rode to a 66 on Sunday in the rodeo put on by the Methow Valley Horsemen.
Brotherton also pocketed $200 for day money and another $450 for finishing second on Sunday in ranch saddle bronc riding.
“We sure couldn’t do the rodeo without our sponsors,” secretary and treasurer Leanna Melton said. “Businesses in both towns support the rodeo.”
Riata Marchant of Omak was the big winner in barrel racing, taking first place both days. That got her $400 for the weekend.
Bullriding and ranch saddle bronc riding each had $1,500 jackpots. Barrel racing had a $500 jackpot.
Red Clark and Harold Carter of C&C Rodeo Co. provided stock.
The rodeo proved to be tough on several competitors.
A rider fell during the drill team entertainment Saturday and did not return Sunday, Melton said.
Aaron Hammer of Twisp hurt a wrist in riding, Bubba Braucher hurt a leg in the chutes and Payton Torrez in bulls was hurt after getting hung up in bulls. None of those competitors returned Sunday.
“We had a nice crowd both days,” Melton said.
Aug. 31 results
Ranch saddle bronc: 1-2, tied at 73 between Vade Arnzen, Boardman, Ore., and Austin Rawlins, Bend, Ore. 3, Cole Rawlins, Bend, Ore., 71. 4, Travis Yutzie, Ione, Ore., 71.
Junior bulls: 1, Chase Nigg, Oroville, 76.
Bulls: 1, Cody Guerard, Selah, 68. 2, Dalton Davis, Yakima, 62.
Barrel racing: 1, Riata Marchant, Omak, 18.75 seconds. 2, Tawnee Hillmer, Lynden, 19.94. 3, Lacy Cannon, Deming, 20.0. 4, Katrina Herriman, Omak, 20.0.
Sept. 1 results
Ranch saddle bronc: 1, Austin Rawlins, Bend, Ore., 81. 2, Levi Brotherton, Omak, 76. 3, Steve Gillen, Prineville, Ore., 73. 4, Cole Rawlins, Bend, Ore., 69.
Saddle bronc: 1, Levi Brotherton, 66.
Junior bulls: 1-2, tied at 72, Chase Nigg, Oroville, and Jacob Good, Ferndale.
Bulls: 1, Dalton Davis, Yakima. 80. 2, Chase Nigg, Oroville, 69.
Barrel racing: 1, Riata Marchant, Omak, 18.87. 2, Chris Vick, Bellingham, 19.47. 3, Robbie Carter, Omak, 20.0 4, Katrina Herriman, Omak, 20.13.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B football title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING