Wednesday, September 4, 2013
CHESAW - Authorities have released the name of a shooting victim who died Sept. 2 while hunting southeast of town.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, of Hoquiam, was shot and killed by an unknown gunman at about 7:15 p.m. Monday, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy is scheduled today.
Carrigan was hunting grouse with George R. Stover, 65, also from Hoquiam.
No arrests have been made, but Rogers said there are persons of interest.
The two occupants of a nearby residence have been interviewed and several items were collected from the home.
Rogers said Carrigan and Stover were hunting grouse on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge southeast of Chesaw when they stopped and Carrigan got out of the vehicle.
Carrigan took aim at a grouse in a tree and shot twice, Stover told deputies.
Stover heard another shot and then saw blood on the man outside the vehicle, Rogers said.
Stover left Carrigan there and sought help.
The shooting is being investigated as a homicide, Rogers said.
Carrigan's wife was notified Sept. 2 of her husband's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-339 Aug. 17, Sept. 7) TS #60390-00113-NJ-WA - APN #2370080002
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge