Wednesday, September 4, 2013
CHESAW - Authorities have released the name of a shooting victim who died Sept. 2 while hunting southeast of town.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, of Hoquiam, was shot and killed by an unknown gunman at about 7:15 p.m. Monday, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy is scheduled today.
Carrigan was hunting grouse with George R. Stover, 65, also from Hoquiam.
No arrests have been made, but Rogers said there are persons of interest.
The two occupants of a nearby residence have been interviewed and several items were collected from the home.
Rogers said Carrigan and Stover were hunting grouse on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge southeast of Chesaw when they stopped and Carrigan got out of the vehicle.
Carrigan took aim at a grouse in a tree and shot twice, Stover told deputies.
Stover heard another shot and then saw blood on the man outside the vehicle, Rogers said.
Stover left Carrigan there and sought help.
The shooting is being investigated as a homicide, Rogers said.
Carrigan's wife was notified Sept. 2 of her husband's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge