Wednesday, September 4, 2013
CHESAW - Authorities have released the name of a shooting victim who died Sept. 2 while hunting southeast of town.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, of Hoquiam, was shot and killed by an unknown gunman at about 7:15 p.m. Monday, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy is scheduled today.
Carrigan was hunting grouse with George R. Stover, 65, also from Hoquiam.
No arrests have been made, but Rogers said there are persons of interest.
The two occupants of a nearby residence have been interviewed and several items were collected from the home.
Rogers said Carrigan and Stover were hunting grouse on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge southeast of Chesaw when they stopped and Carrigan got out of the vehicle.
Carrigan took aim at a grouse in a tree and shot twice, Stover told deputies.
Stover heard another shot and then saw blood on the man outside the vehicle, Rogers said.
Stover left Carrigan there and sought help.
The shooting is being investigated as a homicide, Rogers said.
Carrigan's wife was notified Sept. 2 of her husband's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON