Wednesday, September 4, 2013
CHESAW - Authorities have released the name of a shooting victim who died Sept. 2 while hunting southeast of town.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, of Hoquiam, was shot and killed by an unknown gunman at about 7:15 p.m. Monday, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy is scheduled today.
Carrigan was hunting grouse with George R. Stover, 65, also from Hoquiam.
No arrests have been made, but Rogers said there are persons of interest.
The two occupants of a nearby residence have been interviewed and several items were collected from the home.
Rogers said Carrigan and Stover were hunting grouse on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge southeast of Chesaw when they stopped and Carrigan got out of the vehicle.
Carrigan took aim at a grouse in a tree and shot twice, Stover told deputies.
Stover heard another shot and then saw blood on the man outside the vehicle, Rogers said.
Stover left Carrigan there and sought help.
The shooting is being investigated as a homicide, Rogers said.
Carrigan's wife was notified Sept. 2 of her husband's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate 100th anniversary of Lions Club International
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center
- Tonasket, Twisp receive grants for improvements
- 810 (2017-229 Sept. 13, 20) City of Okanogan Public Hearing Notice
- 810 (2017-243 Sept. 20) Notice of Application