Wednesday, September 4, 2013
CHESAW - Authorities have released the name of a shooting victim who died Sept. 2 while hunting southeast of town.
Michael R. Carrigan, 52, of Hoquiam, was shot and killed by an unknown gunman at about 7:15 p.m. Monday, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy is scheduled today.
Carrigan was hunting grouse with George R. Stover, 65, also from Hoquiam.
No arrests have been made, but Rogers said there are persons of interest.
The two occupants of a nearby residence have been interviewed and several items were collected from the home.
Rogers said Carrigan and Stover were hunting grouse on Cow Camp Road on Pontiac Ridge southeast of Chesaw when they stopped and Carrigan got out of the vehicle.
Carrigan took aim at a grouse in a tree and shot twice, Stover told deputies.
Stover heard another shot and then saw blood on the man outside the vehicle, Rogers said.
Stover left Carrigan there and sought help.
The shooting is being investigated as a homicide, Rogers said.
Carrigan's wife was notified Sept. 2 of her husband's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- One dead after morning apartment fire
- Bear captured in Oroville yard
- Students compete at state
- Rattlesnake season begins
- Flash flood warning issued
- May Fest parade results announced
- Fastpitch tournament moves games to Friday
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 800 (2016-205 May 18) Public Hearing Notice CDBG Public Services
- 800 (2016-206 May 18) Public Hearing CDBG Housing Rehab
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge