Thursday, October 31, 2013
OKANOGAN Tom Sherry of KREM television will broadcast his weather portion of the news from the
Backyard Brawl tomorrow night.
In the final tally of Tom’s Tailgate Party that ended 11 p.m. Wednesday night, the Backyard Brawl - pitting the Omak Pioneers against their rival the Okanogan Bulldrogs - received 57 percent of 28,846 online votes.
The football game was in competition with the Priest River at Mary Walker game.
The television station will arrive around 4:30 p.m. and set up at the south end zone, school officials said.
Sherry will give live weather updates from Okanogan’s field at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. before returning to Spokane. Viewers can watch again during the 11 p.m. broadcast for highlights of the game.
The Okanogan and Omak school districts each will receive a $222 check from KREM.
More like this story
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18
- Okanogan County Fair registration under way
- Artist to Artist event set for Twisp