Originally published October 30, 2013 at 05:37p.m., updated October 30, 2013 at 05:37p.m.
REPUBLIC The first winter weather of the season is expected to move into North-Central Washington this weekend, bringing high winds and accumulating snow.
In Okanogan and Ferry counties, Republic is expected to see the most severe weather, although a hazardous weather outlook has been issued for both Okanogan and Ferry counties by the National Weather Service. The outlook extends to most of North-Central and Northeast Washington.
Meteorologists are predicting a 100 percent chance of snow or rain Saturday in Republic. There's a 90 percent chance of rain turning to snow overnight in the Okanogan and Methow Valleys.
The Grand Coulee area may be spared some of the wintry mix with only a 30 percent chance of precipitation forecast, meteorologists said.
Grand Coulee Temperatures will range from a low of 33 degrees to a high of 46 from Friday through Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. Republic will see temperatures ranging from 21 to 46 and Omak will range from 29 to 52.
The forecast stems from a predicted strong low-pressure system bringing wind gusts in excess of 40 mph Saturday afternoon and "moderate" snow accumulations, meteorologists said.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge