Originally published October 30, 2013 at 05:37p.m., updated October 30, 2013 at 05:37p.m.
REPUBLIC The first winter weather of the season is expected to move into North-Central Washington this weekend, bringing high winds and accumulating snow.
In Okanogan and Ferry counties, Republic is expected to see the most severe weather, although a hazardous weather outlook has been issued for both Okanogan and Ferry counties by the National Weather Service. The outlook extends to most of North-Central and Northeast Washington.
Meteorologists are predicting a 100 percent chance of snow or rain Saturday in Republic. There's a 90 percent chance of rain turning to snow overnight in the Okanogan and Methow Valleys.
The Grand Coulee area may be spared some of the wintry mix with only a 30 percent chance of precipitation forecast, meteorologists said.
Grand Coulee Temperatures will range from a low of 33 degrees to a high of 46 from Friday through Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. Republic will see temperatures ranging from 21 to 46 and Omak will range from 29 to 52.
The forecast stems from a predicted strong low-pressure system bringing wind gusts in excess of 40 mph Saturday afternoon and "moderate" snow accumulations, meteorologists said.
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE