Wednesday, October 30, 2013
OMAK Three Omak Stampede Board members have been elected to the organization’s honorary board.
The board of directors agreed Oct. 28 to move Jim Hensarling, Millie Gann and Connie Thomas to the honorary, or emeritus, board. All three requested the change.
Hensarling is a former board president, Gann has been royalty director and Thomas was ticket director this year and is the group’s former treasurer.
All three plan to stay involved with Stampede.
Hensarling was president for four years – 2004 through 2008 — then took a hiatus. He became president again in 2011 and served another year. George Dunckel preceded and succeeded him both times.
During 2011-12, Hensarling presided over the board when controversy over part-time worker Charles Miles Binger’s pay led to a rift in the Stampede board, Jackie Richter and Karmen Beeman’s resignations, and Shauna Beeman being voted off the board.
Office Manager Sarah Grooms resigned, but later came back.
Richter, Shauna Beeman and Grooms are sisters; Karmen Beeman is their mother.
The state Department of Labor and Industries later fined Stampede $500 for failing to report the wages of Binger and two other part-time workers correctly and for reporting some in the wrong category.
On Monday, the board also re-elected Cindy Berg to a director position. She was the only director up for re-election this year.
Executive board members are scheduled for election Nov. 25. All of the officers said they plan to seek re-election.
Officers are Dunckel, president; Leon Hoover, first vice president; Dan Salkawske, second vice president; Berg, secretary, and Mike Ables, treasurer.
In other business:
• Gann introduced Tiffany Mannikko, who will be Stampede queen in 2014. She will be crowned during the group’s annual banquet.
• The banquet is planned for Nov. 16 at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St. A social hour is at 5 p.m., with dinner at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge