Originally published October 30, 2013 at 12:04p.m., updated October 30, 2013 at 12:19p.m.
OMAK The Omak School District is forming a levy committee to put together a tax levy proposal for a February 2014 election.
Superintendent Erik Swanson said the group will “determine our levy funding for the next two to four years.
“We are actively seeking staff members as well as community members to serve on the levy committee that will finalize plans for the levy and lead the drive to prepare our community for the vote in February.”
After the holidays, the committee will focus on the details of the tax measure, Swanson said.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires