Wednesday, October 30, 2013
(2013-562 Oct. 30)
Legal advertisement for EFSP funds
OKANOGAN COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)/FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM. Okanogan County has been chosen to receive $19,709 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county. The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Jewish Federations of North America, The Salvation Army; and, United Way Worldwide. The Local Board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country. Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must: 1) be private voluntary non-profits or units of government, 2) be eligible to receive Federal funds, 3) have an accounting system, 4) practice nondiscrimination, 5) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and 6) if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply. Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact Peggy Doyle or Ron Whiteside at 1-877-641-0101 for an application. The deadline for applications to be received is November 4th 2013.
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- $3,125 available for Idaho County emergency food, shelter programs
- 820 (2015-127 March 11) OKANOGAN COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS
- 820 (2016-319 July 13) OKANOGAN COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS MADE AVAILABLE
- 820 (2017-078 April 5, 12) Okanogan County has been awarded federal funds
- 820 (2017-078 April 5, 12) Okanogan County has been awarded federal funds made available through
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan