Originally published October 29, 2013 at 11:49a.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 03:00p.m.
TONASKET A local man with a screwdriver was arrested Oct. 26 after allegedly threatening residents of a home at 36 county Highway 7.
Gilberto Valenzuela-Acasito, 46, was booked into the Okanogan County Jail in Okanogan on suspicion of first-degree assault and first-degree criminal trespass. He remained there as of Oct. 28.
Okanogan County Sheriff's Office Deputy Josh Petker was called around 6:55 p.m. on a report that a man had trespassed onto the property and threatened the residents, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
Petker allegedly found the suspect standing in the back yard, Rogers said. He was ordered to the ground and complied.
A large screwdriver allegedly was found in his possession, Rogers said.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage