Originally published October 29, 2013 at 11:49a.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 03:00p.m.
TONASKET A local man with a screwdriver was arrested Oct. 26 after allegedly threatening residents of a home at 36 county Highway 7.
Gilberto Valenzuela-Acasito, 46, was booked into the Okanogan County Jail in Okanogan on suspicion of first-degree assault and first-degree criminal trespass. He remained there as of Oct. 28.
Okanogan County Sheriff's Office Deputy Josh Petker was called around 6:55 p.m. on a report that a man had trespassed onto the property and threatened the residents, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
Petker allegedly found the suspect standing in the back yard, Rogers said. He was ordered to the ground and complied.
A large screwdriver allegedly was found in his possession, Rogers said.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget