Originally published October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m.
ARDENVOIR The Entiat Ranger District will be closing a section of Forest Service Road 5810 starting Thursday for a culvert replacement project.
The project area and road closure is located near Ardenvoir, at the junction of Forest Service Road 5800 and Forest Service Road 5810 on Tillicum creek, officials said.
The current stream crossing is a barrier to fish passage, with an open bottom arch culvert located on Tillicum Creek at the Forest Road 5810 crossing, officials said.
Replacing the culvert will provide a road-stream crossing that allows steelhead and bull trout juveniles and adults to pass, officials said. Spring Chinook salmon juveniles will also be able to pass at low and high flows.
The project will take up to two weeks to complete, officials said.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge