Originally published October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m.
ARDENVOIR The Entiat Ranger District will be closing a section of Forest Service Road 5810 starting Thursday for a culvert replacement project.
The project area and road closure is located near Ardenvoir, at the junction of Forest Service Road 5800 and Forest Service Road 5810 on Tillicum creek, officials said.
The current stream crossing is a barrier to fish passage, with an open bottom arch culvert located on Tillicum Creek at the Forest Road 5810 crossing, officials said.
Replacing the culvert will provide a road-stream crossing that allows steelhead and bull trout juveniles and adults to pass, officials said. Spring Chinook salmon juveniles will also be able to pass at low and high flows.
The project will take up to two weeks to complete, officials said.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires