Originally published October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m.
ARDENVOIR The Entiat Ranger District will be closing a section of Forest Service Road 5810 starting Thursday for a culvert replacement project.
The project area and road closure is located near Ardenvoir, at the junction of Forest Service Road 5800 and Forest Service Road 5810 on Tillicum creek, officials said.
The current stream crossing is a barrier to fish passage, with an open bottom arch culvert located on Tillicum Creek at the Forest Road 5810 crossing, officials said.
Replacing the culvert will provide a road-stream crossing that allows steelhead and bull trout juveniles and adults to pass, officials said. Spring Chinook salmon juveniles will also be able to pass at low and high flows.
The project will take up to two weeks to complete, officials said.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting