Originally published October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m.
ARDENVOIR The Entiat Ranger District will be closing a section of Forest Service Road 5810 starting Thursday for a culvert replacement project.
The project area and road closure is located near Ardenvoir, at the junction of Forest Service Road 5800 and Forest Service Road 5810 on Tillicum creek, officials said.
The current stream crossing is a barrier to fish passage, with an open bottom arch culvert located on Tillicum Creek at the Forest Road 5810 crossing, officials said.
Replacing the culvert will provide a road-stream crossing that allows steelhead and bull trout juveniles and adults to pass, officials said. Spring Chinook salmon juveniles will also be able to pass at low and high flows.
The project will take up to two weeks to complete, officials said.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge