Originally published October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m., updated October 29, 2013 at 02:18p.m.
ARDENVOIR The Entiat Ranger District will be closing a section of Forest Service Road 5810 starting Thursday for a culvert replacement project.
The project area and road closure is located near Ardenvoir, at the junction of Forest Service Road 5800 and Forest Service Road 5810 on Tillicum creek, officials said.
The current stream crossing is a barrier to fish passage, with an open bottom arch culvert located on Tillicum Creek at the Forest Road 5810 crossing, officials said.
Replacing the culvert will provide a road-stream crossing that allows steelhead and bull trout juveniles and adults to pass, officials said. Spring Chinook salmon juveniles will also be able to pass at low and high flows.
The project will take up to two weeks to complete, officials said.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan