Originally published October 25, 2013 at 03:45p.m., updated October 25, 2013 at 04:05p.m.
OKANOGAN Voters continue to return their completed general election ballots to auditor’s offices in Okanogan and Ferry counties.
Ballots were mailed Oct. 16 to Okanogan County voters and Oct. 18 to voters in Ferry County.
As of Friday morning, Okanogan County voters had returned 2,270 ballots and Ferry County voters had returned 619 ballots. Votes won’t be counted until 8 p.m. election day, Nov. 5.
Voters have until election day to complete their ballots and return them to their respective county auditor’s offices.
In Okanogan County, 21,527 ballots were mailed. The Ferry County Auditor’s Office mailed 4,457.
People who are not registered to vote in the state can visit auditor’s offices in person until Monday, Oct. 28, and register to vote. Previously registered voters who have not yet received their ballots can contact their county auditor’s office.
Dozens of municipal, hospital, school board and other taxing district candidates are on the ballot, along with a handful of local tax measures, seven statewide ballot issues and, for voters in the 7th Legislative District, a Senate race between Republicans Brian Dansel of Republic and John Smith of Colville.
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas todayWashington first lady Trudi Inslee is in Pateros today touring fire areas. She toured the Alta Lake spike camp to ...
- Public meeting about fires is today in NespelemA public meeting about the North Star and Tunk Block fires will be at 5 p.m. today at Nespelem School, ...
More like this story
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge