Thursday, October 24, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s fall clean-up day will be Saturday, Nov. 2.
Residents can put bagged or bundled yard debris in their normal garbage can pickup spot the night before. Sunrise Disposal will pick up debris early the next morning.
There’s no limit on the number of bags or bundles of debris that can be set out. Residents can obtain up to seven free yard-waste bags from City Hall, 120 N. Third Ave.
Acceptable yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, weeds and yard trimmings in bags. Small tree branches up to three inches in diameter and four feet long will be accepted as long as they are tied in bundles.
The total weight of any single bag or bundle must be less than 60 pounds.
Fence posts, boards, plywood, tires, plastic, metal, large branches and stumps, hazardous waste, used oil and anything that is not natural vegetation may not be set out.
More like this story
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge