Wednesday, October 23, 2013
OKANOGAN The Community Foundation of North-Central Washington has given a $4,000 grant to Okanogan County Community Action Council to support Volunteers in Service to America as it implements the agency’s transformative strategic plan.
“This grant will assure that work we did — asking the community for input on what they see as needs and solutions — will be utilized and will help us fulfill our mission to improve the lives of everyone in the community with a special emphasis on helping veterans, providing adequate affordable housing and teaching people the skills they need to become more self reliant” Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said.
Volunteers will help make the plan more than a volume on a shelf, she said.
“It will be a testament to what a group of committed citizens can do to improve our community,” Duncan said.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting