Wednesday, October 23, 2013
OKANOGAN The Community Foundation of North-Central Washington has given a $4,000 grant to Okanogan County Community Action Council to support Volunteers in Service to America as it implements the agency’s transformative strategic plan.
“This grant will assure that work we did — asking the community for input on what they see as needs and solutions — will be utilized and will help us fulfill our mission to improve the lives of everyone in the community with a special emphasis on helping veterans, providing adequate affordable housing and teaching people the skills they need to become more self reliant” Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said.
Volunteers will help make the plan more than a volume on a shelf, she said.
“It will be a testament to what a group of committed citizens can do to improve our community,” Duncan said.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash