Wednesday, October 23, 2013
OKANOGAN The Community Foundation of North-Central Washington has given a $4,000 grant to Okanogan County Community Action Council to support Volunteers in Service to America as it implements the agency’s transformative strategic plan.
“This grant will assure that work we did — asking the community for input on what they see as needs and solutions — will be utilized and will help us fulfill our mission to improve the lives of everyone in the community with a special emphasis on helping veterans, providing adequate affordable housing and teaching people the skills they need to become more self reliant” Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said.
Volunteers will help make the plan more than a volume on a shelf, she said.
“It will be a testament to what a group of committed citizens can do to improve our community,” Duncan said.
More like this story
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge