Wednesday, October 23, 2013
OKANOGAN The Community Foundation of North-Central Washington has given a $4,000 grant to Okanogan County Community Action Council to support Volunteers in Service to America as it implements the agency’s transformative strategic plan.
“This grant will assure that work we did — asking the community for input on what they see as needs and solutions — will be utilized and will help us fulfill our mission to improve the lives of everyone in the community with a special emphasis on helping veterans, providing adequate affordable housing and teaching people the skills they need to become more self reliant” Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said.
Volunteers will help make the plan more than a volume on a shelf, she said.
“It will be a testament to what a group of committed citizens can do to improve our community,” Duncan said.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge