Wednesday, October 23, 2013
OKANOGAN The Community Foundation of North-Central Washington has given a $4,000 grant to Okanogan County Community Action Council to support Volunteers in Service to America as it implements the agency’s transformative strategic plan.
“This grant will assure that work we did — asking the community for input on what they see as needs and solutions — will be utilized and will help us fulfill our mission to improve the lives of everyone in the community with a special emphasis on helping veterans, providing adequate affordable housing and teaching people the skills they need to become more self reliant” Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said.
Volunteers will help make the plan more than a volume on a shelf, she said.
“It will be a testament to what a group of committed citizens can do to improve our community,” Duncan said.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan