Wednesday, October 23, 2013
WINTHROP Sun Mountain Lodge is being touted by a leading travel guide as an outstanding hotel.
“Fodor’s Travel,” which has published travel guides for 77 years, named the lodge at 604 Patterson Lake Road as a Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award winner for high style, excellent service and a one-of-a-kind stay for guests.
“We are deeply honored that Fodor’s Travel, the gold standard in the hospitality industry, has recognized Sun Mountain Lodge for this coveted award,” General Manager Brian Charlton said. “We wish to thank all of those—from prep cook to housekeeper—who have contributed to making Sun Mountain Lodge the special place that it is.”
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge