Wednesday, October 23, 2013
(2013-542 Oct. 23)
NOTICE OF RELEASE OF DOCUMENTS
NOTICE IS HEREBY that the City of Omak Planning Commission, in compliance with provisions of the Growth Management Act (GMA), has released the following documents for the required 60 day review and comment process: updated Resource Lands and Critical Areas sections of the Land Use Element of the City of Omak Comprehensive Plan; updated Critical Areas Ordinance; and, a SEPA Checklist on the proposed updates. The City of Omak is required to classify, designate and regulate development in Critical Areas which include; aquifer recharge; fish and wildlife habitat; wetlands; frequently flooded areas; and, geologically hazardous areas using “best available science”. The current update is needed for the City to maintain compliance with the GMA, an important consideration when seeking grant or loan funds. The formal review and comment period runs through December 23, 2013 with the Planning Commission tentatively scheduled to hold a public hearing at 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at the Omak City Hall at 2 North Ash Street. Interested persons may obtain copies of the documents being released at City Hall or on the City’s Website.
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- (2013-513 Oct. 30) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-674 Dec. 18 & 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- (2014-127 Mar. 5) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-588 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET HEARING/WORKSHOP OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-514 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge