Wednesday, October 23, 2013
(2013-542 Oct. 23)
NOTICE OF RELEASE OF DOCUMENTS
NOTICE IS HEREBY that the City of Omak Planning Commission, in compliance with provisions of the Growth Management Act (GMA), has released the following documents for the required 60 day review and comment process: updated Resource Lands and Critical Areas sections of the Land Use Element of the City of Omak Comprehensive Plan; updated Critical Areas Ordinance; and, a SEPA Checklist on the proposed updates. The City of Omak is required to classify, designate and regulate development in Critical Areas which include; aquifer recharge; fish and wildlife habitat; wetlands; frequently flooded areas; and, geologically hazardous areas using “best available science”. The current update is needed for the City to maintain compliance with the GMA, an important consideration when seeking grant or loan funds. The formal review and comment period runs through December 23, 2013 with the Planning Commission tentatively scheduled to hold a public hearing at 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at the Omak City Hall at 2 North Ash Street. Interested persons may obtain copies of the documents being released at City Hall or on the City’s Website.
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2013-513 Oct. 30) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-674 Dec. 18 & 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- (2014-127 Mar. 5) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-588 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET HEARING/WORKSHOP OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-514 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge