Wednesday, October 23, 2013
(2013-542 Oct. 23)
NOTICE OF RELEASE OF DOCUMENTS
NOTICE IS HEREBY that the City of Omak Planning Commission, in compliance with provisions of the Growth Management Act (GMA), has released the following documents for the required 60 day review and comment process: updated Resource Lands and Critical Areas sections of the Land Use Element of the City of Omak Comprehensive Plan; updated Critical Areas Ordinance; and, a SEPA Checklist on the proposed updates. The City of Omak is required to classify, designate and regulate development in Critical Areas which include; aquifer recharge; fish and wildlife habitat; wetlands; frequently flooded areas; and, geologically hazardous areas using “best available science”. The current update is needed for the City to maintain compliance with the GMA, an important consideration when seeking grant or loan funds. The formal review and comment period runs through December 23, 2013 with the Planning Commission tentatively scheduled to hold a public hearing at 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at the Omak City Hall at 2 North Ash Street. Interested persons may obtain copies of the documents being released at City Hall or on the City’s Website.
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2013-513 Oct. 30) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-674 Dec. 18 & 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- (2014-127 Mar. 5) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-588 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET HEARING/WORKSHOP OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- (2013-514 Nov. 13) CITY OF OMAK NOTICE OF 2014 BUDGET WORKSHOP/PUBLIC HEARING OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge