Originally published October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m., updated October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m.
BREWSTER Brewster High School’s annual Breast Cancer Awareness night was put on during the volleyball match with Cashmere on Oct. 10.
Special guest was Starr Hammons, mother of former Brewster volleyball players Holly and Jessie Hammons.
“Starr is currently battling breast cancer,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “Those in attendance donated $453.12. All money will be sent to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
“Thank you to Brewster Market Place for their donation of cupcakes, and thank you to all in attendance for sharing so generously toward this important cause,” Boesel said.
More like this story
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge