Originally published October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m., updated October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m.
BREWSTER Brewster High School’s annual Breast Cancer Awareness night was put on during the volleyball match with Cashmere on Oct. 10.
Special guest was Starr Hammons, mother of former Brewster volleyball players Holly and Jessie Hammons.
“Starr is currently battling breast cancer,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “Those in attendance donated $453.12. All money will be sent to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
“Thank you to Brewster Market Place for their donation of cupcakes, and thank you to all in attendance for sharing so generously toward this important cause,” Boesel said.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan