Originally published October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m., updated October 17, 2013 at 04:26p.m.
BREWSTER Brewster High School’s annual Breast Cancer Awareness night was put on during the volleyball match with Cashmere on Oct. 10.
Special guest was Starr Hammons, mother of former Brewster volleyball players Holly and Jessie Hammons.
“Starr is currently battling breast cancer,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “Those in attendance donated $453.12. All money will be sent to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
“Thank you to Brewster Market Place for their donation of cupcakes, and thank you to all in attendance for sharing so generously toward this important cause,” Boesel said.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge