Originally published October 17, 2013 at 04:33p.m., updated October 18, 2013 at 12:24p.m.
OKANOGAN General election ballots were mailed Oct. 16 to Okanogan County voters and will go out Oct. 18 to voters in Ferry County.
Voters have until Nov. 5 to complete their ballots and return them to their respective county auditor’s offices.
In Okanogan County, 21,527 ballots were mailed. The Ferry County Auditor’s Office expects to mail 4,457.
People who are not registered to vote in the state can visit auditor’s offices in person until Oct. 28 and register to vote.
Dozens of municipal, hospital, school board and other taxing district candidates are on the ballot, along with a handful of local tax measures, seven statewide ballot issues and, for voters in the 7th Legislative District, a Senate race between Republicans Brian Dansel and John Smith.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS