Wednesday, October 16, 2013
OMAK Utah state Rep. Ken Ivory will talk about regaining control of public lands during the Okanogan County Farm Bureau’s annual meeting Oct. 18.
The event starts with a 5 p.m. social hour at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St.
A business meeting for voting members is at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner and the program at 6 p.m.
Ivory, 47, is a Republican who has served in the Utah Legislature since Jan. 1, 2011. He has a bachelor of arts in Japanese from Brigham Young University and a law degree from California Western School of Law.
During his presentation, maps of Okanogan County will be displayed to show the ratio of publicly owned lands to private lands.
The dinner menu includes barbecued pork ribs, beef pot roast, scalloped potatoes and salad bar.
The Farm Bureau asks that people RSVP by today, Oct. 16.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan