Wednesday, October 16, 2013
From Washington State
EAST WENATCHEE — Two people were injured Oct. 10 when two pickup trucks collided at 3:45 p.m. four miles north of town on U.S. Highway 2.
Driver Don L. Rasmussen, 73, East Wenatchee, was injured but declined aid, the Washington State Patrol said.
The other driver, Alvin R. Hammersley, 78, Oroville, was not injured. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Passenger Anna B. Hammersley, 67, also of Oroville, was injured and taken by ambulance to Confluence Health in Wenatchee. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
The patrol said Hammersley slowed for traffic and struck Rasmussen’s vehicle from behind. Hammersley was cited for following too close.
More like this story
- Omak store holdup suspect charged
- Search continues for driver
- Storms batter the area
- Vehicle search thrown out
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge