Wednesday, October 16, 2013
From Washington State
EAST WENATCHEE — Two people were injured Oct. 10 when two pickup trucks collided at 3:45 p.m. four miles north of town on U.S. Highway 2.
Driver Don L. Rasmussen, 73, East Wenatchee, was injured but declined aid, the Washington State Patrol said.
The other driver, Alvin R. Hammersley, 78, Oroville, was not injured. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Passenger Anna B. Hammersley, 67, also of Oroville, was injured and taken by ambulance to Confluence Health in Wenatchee. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
The patrol said Hammersley slowed for traffic and struck Rasmussen’s vehicle from behind. Hammersley was cited for following too close.
More like this story
- Officials hope for rain, possible highway reopening
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge