Wednesday, October 16, 2013
From Washington State
EAST WENATCHEE — Two people were injured Oct. 10 when two pickup trucks collided at 3:45 p.m. four miles north of town on U.S. Highway 2.
Driver Don L. Rasmussen, 73, East Wenatchee, was injured but declined aid, the Washington State Patrol said.
The other driver, Alvin R. Hammersley, 78, Oroville, was not injured. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Passenger Anna B. Hammersley, 67, also of Oroville, was injured and taken by ambulance to Confluence Health in Wenatchee. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
The patrol said Hammersley slowed for traffic and struck Rasmussen’s vehicle from behind. Hammersley was cited for following too close.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington