Wednesday, October 16, 2013
From Washington State
EAST WENATCHEE — Two people were injured Oct. 10 when two pickup trucks collided at 3:45 p.m. four miles north of town on U.S. Highway 2.
Driver Don L. Rasmussen, 73, East Wenatchee, was injured but declined aid, the Washington State Patrol said.
The other driver, Alvin R. Hammersley, 78, Oroville, was not injured. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Passenger Anna B. Hammersley, 67, also of Oroville, was injured and taken by ambulance to Confluence Health in Wenatchee. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
The patrol said Hammersley slowed for traffic and struck Rasmussen’s vehicle from behind. Hammersley was cited for following too close.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS