Wednesday, October 16, 2013
WENATCHEE The Wenatchee Valley College Foundation is giving more than $400,000 to the college during the 2013-14 school year to benefit students, programs, faculty and staff on the Wenatchee and Omak campuses.
The foundation board unanimously approved expenditure of $400,997 in unrestricted funds and endowments.
Approved funding includes more than $140,500 in scholarships, about $68,000 for the WVC nursing program, $36,000 in faculty and staff development funds, and $162,000 in unrestricted funds.
Other expenditures include staff development fund, $10,000; veteran work-study scholarships, $20,000; campus needs not covered by the state, $25,000; support for students experiencing financial emergencies, $10,000; staff recognition, $1,000.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge