Wednesday, October 16, 2013
WENATCHEE The Wenatchee Valley College Foundation is giving more than $400,000 to the college during the 2013-14 school year to benefit students, programs, faculty and staff on the Wenatchee and Omak campuses.
The foundation board unanimously approved expenditure of $400,997 in unrestricted funds and endowments.
Approved funding includes more than $140,500 in scholarships, about $68,000 for the WVC nursing program, $36,000 in faculty and staff development funds, and $162,000 in unrestricted funds.
Other expenditures include staff development fund, $10,000; veteran work-study scholarships, $20,000; campus needs not covered by the state, $25,000; support for students experiencing financial emergencies, $10,000; staff recognition, $1,000.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona