Wednesday, October 16, 2013
WENATCHEE The Wenatchee Valley College Foundation is giving more than $400,000 to the college during the 2013-14 school year to benefit students, programs, faculty and staff on the Wenatchee and Omak campuses.
The foundation board unanimously approved expenditure of $400,997 in unrestricted funds and endowments.
Approved funding includes more than $140,500 in scholarships, about $68,000 for the WVC nursing program, $36,000 in faculty and staff development funds, and $162,000 in unrestricted funds.
Other expenditures include staff development fund, $10,000; veteran work-study scholarships, $20,000; campus needs not covered by the state, $25,000; support for students experiencing financial emergencies, $10,000; staff recognition, $1,000.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend