Wednesday, October 16, 2013
WENATCHEE The Wenatchee Valley College Foundation is giving more than $400,000 to the college during the 2013-14 school year to benefit students, programs, faculty and staff on the Wenatchee and Omak campuses.
The foundation board unanimously approved expenditure of $400,997 in unrestricted funds and endowments.
Approved funding includes more than $140,500 in scholarships, about $68,000 for the WVC nursing program, $36,000 in faculty and staff development funds, and $162,000 in unrestricted funds.
Other expenditures include staff development fund, $10,000; veteran work-study scholarships, $20,000; campus needs not covered by the state, $25,000; support for students experiencing financial emergencies, $10,000; staff recognition, $1,000.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo