Wednesday, October 16, 2013
OMAK Call it a comeback: A pre-owned car dealership moving in will have a new name, but the owner has been in business here before.
Mike Kaiser has bought back the building at 625 Okoma Drive, which until recently housed Consumer Auto Liquidators.
Choice Auto Group could open by the end of the month, lot manager Leo Baldwin said.
“We’re looking to open the store as soon as we can,” he said.
Kaiser sold the business, at the time called Choice Auto and Truck, more than four years ago to the Spokane-based Consumer Auto.
“He was just looking for a change,” Baldwin said.
Choice Auto Group has gotten a facelift, with new seal-coated asphalt, fresh gravel behind the building and other changes, he said.
“We’re trying to spruce this place up and give it a big change,” he said.
Not everything is new, however: Aside from Kaiser, another familiar face will be General Manager Nick Martin.
Martin recently worked for Sunrise Chevrolet, 726 Okoma Drive.
Baldwin said the front lot should be able to display about 45 vehicles.
Some vehicles already in the lot include Dodge, Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet and more.
Another lot will be across the street next to The Chronicle office, 618 Okoma Drive.
“We will be bringing in loads of cars” soon, Baldwin said. “They’ll be all used, high-quality vehicles.”
On the company’s Facebook page, a shot of the store’s interior shows a 1950s design – a black-and-white checked floor, red accents along the walls, a vintage gas pump and photos of vintage cars.
According to the Facebook page, hours will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge