Wednesday, October 16, 2013
OMAK Call it a comeback: A pre-owned car dealership moving in will have a new name, but the owner has been in business here before.
Mike Kaiser has bought back the building at 625 Okoma Drive, which until recently housed Consumer Auto Liquidators.
Choice Auto Group could open by the end of the month, lot manager Leo Baldwin said.
“We’re looking to open the store as soon as we can,” he said.
Kaiser sold the business, at the time called Choice Auto and Truck, more than four years ago to the Spokane-based Consumer Auto.
“He was just looking for a change,” Baldwin said.
Choice Auto Group has gotten a facelift, with new seal-coated asphalt, fresh gravel behind the building and other changes, he said.
“We’re trying to spruce this place up and give it a big change,” he said.
Not everything is new, however: Aside from Kaiser, another familiar face will be General Manager Nick Martin.
Martin recently worked for Sunrise Chevrolet, 726 Okoma Drive.
Baldwin said the front lot should be able to display about 45 vehicles.
Some vehicles already in the lot include Dodge, Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet and more.
Another lot will be across the street next to The Chronicle office, 618 Okoma Drive.
“We will be bringing in loads of cars” soon, Baldwin said. “They’ll be all used, high-quality vehicles.”
On the company’s Facebook page, a shot of the store’s interior shows a 1950s design – a black-and-white checked floor, red accents along the walls, a vintage gas pump and photos of vintage cars.
According to the Facebook page, hours will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge