Wednesday, October 16, 2013
OMAK Call it a comeback: A pre-owned car dealership moving in will have a new name, but the owner has been in business here before.
Mike Kaiser has bought back the building at 625 Okoma Drive, which until recently housed Consumer Auto Liquidators.
Choice Auto Group could open by the end of the month, lot manager Leo Baldwin said.
“We’re looking to open the store as soon as we can,” he said.
Kaiser sold the business, at the time called Choice Auto and Truck, more than four years ago to the Spokane-based Consumer Auto.
“He was just looking for a change,” Baldwin said.
Choice Auto Group has gotten a facelift, with new seal-coated asphalt, fresh gravel behind the building and other changes, he said.
“We’re trying to spruce this place up and give it a big change,” he said.
Not everything is new, however: Aside from Kaiser, another familiar face will be General Manager Nick Martin.
Martin recently worked for Sunrise Chevrolet, 726 Okoma Drive.
Baldwin said the front lot should be able to display about 45 vehicles.
Some vehicles already in the lot include Dodge, Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet and more.
Another lot will be across the street next to The Chronicle office, 618 Okoma Drive.
“We will be bringing in loads of cars” soon, Baldwin said. “They’ll be all used, high-quality vehicles.”
On the company’s Facebook page, a shot of the store’s interior shows a 1950s design – a black-and-white checked floor, red accents along the walls, a vintage gas pump and photos of vintage cars.
According to the Facebook page, hours will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING